Everyone knows that in order to maintain good health, you need to drink enough fluids. But many of us cannot drink plain water, preferring other drinks. Healthy cucumber water, which is easy to prepare, can be a good alternative.
Basic Cucumber Water Recipe
To make a drink you need:
- Wash the vegetable well.
- Clean with a peeler or special knife.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices. If desired, you can remove the seeds.
- Pour it with two liters of water.
- To keep the cucumber slices under water, you can put ice cubes on top of them.
- Send the drink in the refrigerator for two hours or all night.
- Stir well before serving.
One vegetable can be used several times, leaving it in a container and adding water. When the drink becomes tasteless, pieces of cucumber can be thrown away. Cucumber water should be consumed in two days. For a longer time, it cannot be stored, since it does not contain preservatives.
To improve the taste, you can add lemon or lime to cucumber water. If the drink will be served immediately, then it is better to squeeze the juice from citrus into prepared water from the cucumber. If there is time for insisting, then cut the lemon into small pieces and add them to the water. Citrus fruits saturate the drink with vitamin C.
Cucumber Water with Mint
Mint added to the water will give cucumber water freshness. In addition, it is able to improve digestion, relieve symptoms of allergies. To make a drink, you just need to add a few leaves of fresh mint into the water along with the cucumbers. In order for the plant to give the water more flavor and aroma, it is recommended to chop it finely.
1 Cucumber water - what are you?
The basic recipe for cucumber water (also known as water infused with cucumber slices or cucumber detox water) is extremely simple and includes two components: cucumber and water. But do not let this simplicity fool you. Not only is it very tasty, it also quenches thirst, like nothing else in the world. In anticipation of the summer heat is very important.
2 Useful properties and other benefits
- To begin with, cucumber water is a great way to moisturize our body without excess fluid. That is, you do not have to whip water every 10 minutes to quench your thirst even in the most intense heat.
- Second, but not least, water will cleanse the body of toxins (thanks to silicon). Actually, that's why it is considered a detox drink. It will help to remove toxins and even overcome a hangover.
- An indispensable friend and helper in the process of losing weight: satisfy hunger, boost metabolism.
- Together with cucumber water, vitamin E, with powerful antioxidant properties, will enter your body.
- Vitamins A and B, in addition to their main duties, take care of the liver.
- Vitamin C promotes the production of collagen - a protein responsible for the restoration of skin cells.
- Cucumber water will help to improve blood circulation and lower blood pressure.
- And, in the end, cucumber slices go well with other healthy fruits, so the benefits of the drink only increase!
3 How to make plain cucumber water
- Washed and peeled (or unpeeled - there is no fundamental difference, it’s only a matter of taste), cut the cucumber into slices 1-2 cm in size.
- Add to the carafe with water and cover with ice. Why exactly fall asleep? Because the liquid in the cucumber is about 90% and it just pops up. And with ice on top, it will hold on for some time below, which will allow it to better drink detox water.
- Allow the water to brew for at least an hour, it is better to leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
4 Cucumber Water Recipes
Due to its mild taste and smell, the cucumber is a great friend and companion to almost all fruits that can be launched into the water with it and enjoy the result. The most popular combination is the neighborhood of cucumber slices and lemon or lime. But we are not going to be limited only to them.
1. Cucumber-Lemon Detox Water
Water with lemon and cucumber - it's like a sandwich with butter and jam, health benefits maybe a little more.
Cut a half of a lemon and a quarter of a medium-sized cucumber into slices.
2. Cucumber-lime detox water with mint
And again we take a jug of water, slicing a mix of one lime, a quarter of cucumber and 5 mint leaves - do not cut the last one, but gently mash, rub, twist over the jug and throw it into it.
3. Delicious cucumber-pineapple detox water
For this yummy, mix in a jug of water half the pineapple ring, cut into medium-small pieces (or add about 35 ml of pineapple juice) and slices of half the cucumber. You can add a couple of mint leaves.
Useful properties of cucumber water
There are several advantages of cucumber water, which are a great motivation to start drinking it at least two to three times a week:
- Cucumber water is a storehouse of vitamins. If you add a few cloves of cucumber to the water, you will get an excellent source of vitamins C, A, E, group B. So, your body will have antioxidant protection against aggressive, damaging environmental influences.
In addition to vitamins, cucumber water will give your body the necessary minerals and trace elements that will prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Cucumber water is a healing agent for the liver. It perfectly cleanses the liver and improves its functions. All thanks to the composition rich in vitamins and minerals (in particular, calcium, potassium, phosphorus). These substances not only improve the condition of the liver cells, but also contribute to their regeneration.
Water with slices of cucumber will eliminate inflammatory processes in the liver, reduce the content of fat particles in the blood.
The liver becomes healthier thanks to cucumber water.
Naturally, in addition to drinking water with cucumber circles, a healthy diet and physical activity are important for optimal liver function. All three of these factors together will ensure excellent liver health.
- Cucumber water - an assistant in the normalization of pressure. It saturates the body with potassium, which contributes to good blood circulation and the full functioning of the heart muscle. Thanks to this drink, the cells do not suffer from dehydration and the person feels completely relaxed - which is so important for problems of the cardiovascular system.
When you brought your pressure back to normal, you protected yourself from the risk of heart attacks, strokes, as well as kidney disease and visual impairment.
- Cucumber water is a simple way to reduce appetite. Thanks to the cucumber, you can quickly quench your hunger. If you drink cucumber water all day, you will not only saturate the cells with the liquid they need, but also be able to control your appetite, which will allow you not to eat too much when eating.
Satisfying hunger, accelerating metabolism - such beneficial properties of cucumber water make it almost indispensable for losing weight. With proper weight loss, it is important to have sufficient hydration. In addition, it gives energy and improves the functioning of the whole organism.
Plus, such a drink perfectly strengthens your immune system.
- Cucumber water is an effective sunscreen. In this case, vitamin C in its composition protects against the aggressive effects of ultraviolet radiation. This vitamin is an essential element for collagen production - a beam that preserves youthfulness and elasticity of the skin.
- Cucumber water is a caring agent for hair and nails. Silicon contained in this drink strengthens nails and hair, makes them healthier, hair acquires a natural shine and grows faster.
- Cucumber water is an excellent skin moisturizer. Drinking this drink regularly, after a while you can admire your rejuvenated and smooth skin.
Improving blood circulation, cucumber water helps to remove excess fluid. Due to the silicon dioxide in its composition, this drink will also remove toxins from the body - thanks to these properties, cucumber water was also called "detox water". All this allows you to be sure that your skin is not afraid of acne (acne) and any other skin inflammations.
Silicon also makes the muscles stronger and healthier, which means that if you train in the gym, drink cucumber water after training. By the way, one more plus: the more muscles contain water, the more elastic and strong they become.
In addition, silicon helps strengthen connective tissues and makes joints healthier.
And one more thing: if you are tormented by a hangover, you will save the water, insisted on slices of cucumber.
Cucumber Water Recipes
With this drink you can turn on your fantasy to the fullest. In addition to the main ingredients (water and cucumber), you can add mint, pineapple slices, oranges, lime, basil, thyme, rosemary, strawberries, strawberries, blueberries, lemons, chia seeds. Instead of plain water, some use sparkling water.
The cucumber water is prepared simply: peeled (or unpeeled - for an amateur) medium-sized cucumber is cut into thin slices, placed in a decanter with two liters of water, filled with ice cubes on top so that the slices do not float to the surface. The carafe is sent to infuse the detox drink in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, and preferably at night.
Cucumber water should be drunk chilled. Do not procure this drink much, drink it for a maximum of two days.
- If you add peppermint to the recipe, you will get a cooling effect and additionally nourish the body with vitamin C, magnesium and calcium. The most interesting thing is to cleanse your toxins more efficiently. In addition, mint leaves will give the drink a sweetness without a drop of harmful sugar.
- If you prefer a sour drink, put pineapple slices in it.
- If lemons are present in your drink, you will receive an immunity enhancer.
- If you put basil in a drink, you will get powerful protection against free radicals. The high content of vitamin A in the basil will give the drink even anti-cancer properties!
- If you place chia seeds in cucumber water with half lemon juice (1 tablespoon per 1.5 liter of water), you will get a drink that reduces the acidity of gastric juice and normalizes the pH balance in the body.
- It is good to combine herbs such as thyme, mint and rosemary in a jug along with cucumber and lemon - this will give the drink a wonderful aroma and taste.
- If you put strawberries in water, slices of cucumber and lemon, you will receive not only a cleansing drink for weight loss, but also a fragrance that strengthens the immune system. A bunch of basil or mint will enhance the positive effect. In addition, strawberries are a rich source of potassium that lowers blood pressure.
As you can see, cucumber water is a simple, refreshing and extremely useful product that can be present on the table of any person. If you want to keep your body clean, drink cucumber water constantly, because detoxification can be carried out not only 1-2 times a year, like a holiday. If you strive for a slim figure and well-groomed appearance, also drink this wonderful drink. In any case, your body will receive a lot of benefits and pleasant sensations.
You will learn a lot of useful information about the healing properties of cucumber water from this video:
Drink with watermelon or melon
A refreshing drink in the summer from watermelon and cucumber. Adding watermelon to your cucumber water will add sweetness, you will fill the cup again and again. To make a drink you will need about a glass of watermelon, diced. It is added to the jar along with the cucumber. To enhance the taste, you can use lemon.
Instead of watermelon, you can add half a glass of melon to the drink for added sweetness and freshness.
Cucumber, Lime and Strawberry
Want a richer flavor? Combine a few ingredients, such as cucumber, lime and strawberries. The taste of the drink will be sweet and sour, refreshing. Strawberries contain a lot of potassium, which helps lower blood pressure.
For 1 liter of water you will need 1 cucumber and half a glass of strawberries. To enhance the taste, lime is added, you can use mint.
Cucumber and Basil
Basil goes well with cucumber water. To get the original taste, just add a handful of fresh basil leaves to cucumber water, as well as a slice of lemon or lime. For the best taste and aroma, it is recommended to chop the leaves of the plant. Basil is a source of vitamin A, which is beneficial for the immune system and vision. When ingested, it is converted to beta-carotene, which is able to protect against the development of cancer.