Most people, with the word stretching, mean exercises, for twine. But, in fact, all the muscles of our body: the back, arms, buttocks, require proper stretching. Let's talk about why our body needs a stretch, how to properly perform it.
What is a stretch for?
Many fitness enthusiasts ignore this type of workout, not understanding why it is needed. If running and strength exercises, in the understanding of most people, serve to form a beautiful fit body, then the meaning of stretching remains incomprehensible to them. Nevertheless, we need it both after hard training, and in everyday life. Why is stretching so useful?
- Good stretching helps to avoid damage to muscles and ligaments.
- The range of motion increases.
- Well-developed muscles do more work, less get tired.
In addition, proper stretching, like fitness, helps to form a beautiful proportional figure.
Thanks to a high-quality stretch, the posture is leveled, excess fat leaves the problematic female areas: hips, abdomen, waist.
When you can’t stretch
Stretching exercises are less dangerous than active training, but have a number of contraindications. It is necessary to refuse training if at least one of these problems occurs:
- Uterine prolapse.
- Inflammatory processes in the muscles, ligaments.
- Various diseases, acute respiratory viral infections in acute stages.
- Injuries to the hamstrings.
- Spinal injuries.
In all these situations, it is better to postpone the training. If you suffer from any kind of chronic disease, you are afraid that such a load may aggravate the situation - consult your doctor.
Slight pulling pain during stretching is normal. This suggests that the muscles and ligaments involved in the work. But, with the appearance of a sharp tearing pain - the training must be stopped.
If you get injured while training, classes will stop immediately. A cold compress can be applied to the damaged area to remove acute pain. A visit to a doctor is mandatory. Training can be resumed after a full recovery.
Types of Stretch Marks
The average person is unlikely to be able to say how many types of stretch marks he knows. In the sports world there are five varieties:
- Active stretch. During training, a person pulls muscles on his own, without assistance. This type is suitable for those who study independently, at home or who do not like working with a partner. The complexity of active stretching is that very often we pity ourselves, and do not exert maximum effort.
- Passive stretching (or pair). Exercises are performed with the help of a partner. An outsider can certainly stretch us better. But, it is very important, in order to avoid injuries, to warn the partner about pain and control his strength
- Dynamic stretch. This is an active type of training when the muscles are stretched in motion. A striking example of such exercises - lunges in the "pose of the runner" or side lunges. As in the first embodiment, it is very important not to spare yourself.
- Ballistic view. This variety is not so common, and is not suitable for wellness exercises. Its essence is to perform jerky, jerky movements. The basis of such training is jumping, jerking, jerking and other active power movements.
- Static Stretch. This is the most gentle and effective form of exercise. It consists in the need to linger in a static pose for a while. This technique is less traumatic and makes it possible to achieve great results.
Types of stretching the muscles of the legs
The secret to a good stretch is the correct combination of exercises and their regular performance. It is best if you attend full-time stretching classes 1-2 times a week. Soft stretching is quite suitable for homework.
How to prepare psychologically
How psychologically set up for a good workout? You should understand that the result obtained from classes depends entirely on the efforts made. Before you start, try not to think about what worries you. Leave all worries and problems behind the doors of a sports class. This time only shine on yourself and your body. It is very important to concentrate on what you will do.
If you train at home - carefully think over a set of exercises to be performed. First, repeat each movement mentally, and only then proceed with the execution.
Remember that we are all different. Someone is endowed with good natural flexibility, while others are not. Therefore, someone stretches faster, and someone much slower. The main thing is not to stop and go to your goal.
Tune in to regular workouts. Think about the result you want to achieve: sit on the twine, develop natural flexibility, improve the functionality of the body, etc. Visualization will stimulate you and will not allow you to miss classes.
How to prepare physically
In order to physically prepare for a stretching exercise, you need to consider the following points:
- Choose the right clothes. It is very important. In an uncomfortable, fettering form of movement, it will not be possible to technically correctly complete all the exercises. The discomfort caused by such clothing will distract from training. Therefore, pay attention to tight-fitting trousers and tops made of modern sports materials. They are perfectly worn, look beautiful, and do not cause any negative feelings during training. As for shoes, traditionally stretching is performed barefoot, or in special socks for yoga or Pilates.
They can be purchased on any thematic site:
- Do not forget about the warm-up. This is a prerequisite before stretching. To avoid injury, the muscles should be well warmed up. For warming up, running, jumping, burpi, air squats and other active exercises are suitable.
- For home or independent training in the gym, it is important to choose the right set of exercises. Choose only those options that you can do right. It is enough to choose 3-4 exercises for each muscle group.
- If stretching your muscles is the final stage of strength training, then more attention should be paid to those muscle groups that are most actively involved in the training process. And those groups that were not involved should not be touched. They may not be sufficiently warmed up for stretching and easily injured.
The body of a modern person needs proper training. The back, shoulder girdle, muscles of the body and legs, in the everyday life of the average citizen, move little and most of the time they are in a stiff position. Regular stretching will help return the ease and joy of movement to your everyday life.
Why do you need stretching?
Stretching a home for beginners is recommended for absolutely everyone. Especially it is necessary for those who are engaged in weights and those who want to sit on the twine. Exercises help to work out the main muscle groups, give the body a tone for the whole day.
Also the stretch will give you the following advantages:
- muscle elasticity, joint improvement,
- minimizing the risks of injuries,
- muscle tension relief after physical activity,
- blood circulation will improve
- the body will become more flexible, posture - even,
- it’s easier for you to keep your balance and control your body,
- you will become more flexible and plastic, girls will gain grace, become more sexual.
Types of Stretch Marks
Stretching is divided into several types. Between themselves, they differ in amplitude, duration of the lesson, as well as the time of the exercise - before or after the main training. You can choose any kind that you like, the main thing is regularity and effectiveness. So, there are the following types of stretch marks:
- Static. Very popular among athletes and yogis. Its essence is that, stretching the muscles to the extreme position, you should linger in it for about 20 seconds. It is recommended to perform exercises in several approaches, but if the pain is unbearable, you do not need to endure it.
- Dynamic. Dynamic stretching assumes that you will be in constant motion. One of its simplest examples is a forward and backward lunge with a constant change of legs. The effect may increase if you increase the amplitude and distance between the legs. In fitness, this type of stretching often alternates with strength exercises.
- Passive stretching. It is often performed with a partner — mainly an instructor or trainer, who exerts a gradual effort. A passive partner should only inhale, exhale and relax.
- Active stretch. The classic stretch, in which you need to make every effort to keep the muscles stretched. For example, you need to hold on to a support, raise one leg and strengthen the action using your hand.
- Ballistic stretch. This is a pretty risky stretch option that is not suitable for beginners and is often practiced by fans of Japanese martial arts. Its essence is in quick, sharp and sweeping movements.
Stretching for beginners: basic recommendations
Stretching gymnastics for beginners requires compliance with certain rules, because you should get the maximum benefit and effectiveness from it, and not the opposite effect. The basic rule is that all movements should be performed smoothly, carefully and without jerking. Decide in advance which muscle group you will engage, and warm it well to avoid injuries.
- If you plan to study at home, be sure to learn safetyto eliminate the risks of injury.
- If your goal in stretching is to sit on the twine, work out not only your legs, but also your back. If it is constantly bent, the muscles cannot become elastic. Also keep in mind that by stretching you should not hold their breath otherwise the body will suffer from a lack of oxygen.
- Muscles in the process of stretching should be as relaxed as possible. Also It is important to increase the training time and stretching amplitude each time. But you need to do this gradually - slight pain is acceptable, but serious discomfort is contraindicated. You must learn to listen to your body and understand when to stop.
- If you work out in the gym in groups or learn video stretching lessons for beginners, you should not try to reach the indicators of the instructor or your mat mat by all means. Each person has an indicator of flexibility, and it also develops in different ways. Try to be better than you were yesterday, and not better than someone.
- Severe pain is an alarming symptom. She says that the load is not yet within your reach, or that you are violating the execution technique.
- Do not rush to start twine stretching. This complex is always designed to improve the ductility of the whole body, and not just the legs, as many people think.
Please note that stretching exercises have contraindications. These include hypertension, injuries and ruptures of tendons and muscles, spinal diseases, arthritis and arthrosis, damage to the joints of the pelvis, as well as some problems in the work of the cardiovascular system. If in doubt, consult your doctor first.
Stretching for beginners: an effective set of exercises
Stretching exercises for beginners at home should not be too complicated. It is better to start small, safe and comfortable for yourself, increasing the load in the future. Consider one of the options for simple home complexes.
Popular myths about stretching
Before you start stretching, you need to learn about it as much as possible. There are many misconceptions regarding this type of activity. Among them are the following:
- Myth 1. Stretching requires special inclinations. Perhaps this is true for professional athletes and gymnasts, but those who practice purely for themselves do not need any talents. It is enough to start doing the simplest stretching lessons for beginners, gradually increasing the load.
- Myth 2. In adulthood, it is impossible to start stretching. Many believe that stretching exercises should begin to be performed in childhood, and for adults they are no longer available. This is not true. Yes, children are really more flexible and mobile in terms of joint mobility - it’s easier for them. (Learn all about twine stretching exercises for children from the article.) However, you can actually start exercising at any age. Of course, you will not sit on the twine immediately from scratch - you will have to try, again, starting with small loads.
- Myth 3. Exercise for flexibility always provokes pain. This is fundamentally wrong. The pain can be light and pleasant. In no case should you stretch to serious discomfort - stop at a state of tension.
- Myth 4. You cannot lose weight from stretching. Actually it is possible. Of course, it does not burn as many calories as cardio, but, like with any physical activity, energy costs are present. Accordingly, it contributes to weight loss.
What is stretching, and why is it needed?
Stretching is a type of load aimed at improving muscle elasticity, strengthening tendons and joints.
Stretching exercises are useful to perform after cardio exercises and strength training, you can do them between sets. It will also be good to work on stretching after a light workout before starting the training.
After training, stretching exercises will be very beneficial for your body. Muscles after stretching relax and recover faster. Stretching before exercise increases muscle elasticity, thus preventing injury.
When to stretch?
At the beginning of the workout, stretching, along with a light warm-up, helps to warm up the muscles and increase muscle tone.
After the end of the load, muscle stretching allows you to relax and gradually switch to normal mode.
Between approaches - helps relieve tension and fill the muscles with oxygen and nutrients in order to restore strength faster.
Benefit and harm
Stretching exercises will make your body more flexible and your muscles resistant to tension, both in sports and in everyday life. Stretched muscles easily allow you to bend over a fallen thing or reach the upper shelves of the cabinet. Also, stretching will help relieve stress and reduce psychological stress.
At the same time, remember that jerky stretching can lead to negative consequences. You can not continue to perform stretching if you feel pain. Excessive muscle tension can lead to rupture and serious injury. Only regular classes and a gradual increase in workload will help to achieve a better result.
You can not do stretching exercises in the following cases:
- You have a spinal injury.
- In the presence of fractures or cracked bones.
- In case of lower back diseases.
- With inflammation of the joints.
- With high blood pressure.
It is forbidden to engage in muscle stretching if you have not done a quality workout before that.
It is better for beginners to conduct several classes with a trainer. Children need to do stretching only under the supervision of a specialist. Classes during pregnancy are not prohibited, but you need to carefully monitor your well-being, and at the slightest suspicion of danger - stop training and consult a doctor immediately.
Also, caution should be given to stretching girls and women during the cycle.
Technique and types of exercises for stretching
After warming up, your heart rate has increased and your blood circulation has improved. Now you can start stretching exercises.
Pull the neck muscles, then work your arms and shoulders, then work out the abs, go to the back, then stretch your legs.
Starting static stretching, go to the phase of a small voltage, stay at this point for 15-30 seconds and release yourself to the starting position. If you can not stay in this position, reduce the load and find a comfortable point for you.
After static stretching, move on to dynamic. It is very important to avoid jerking! Increase the scope gradually, carefully listen to your feelings. Your breath should be calm. If the position of your body does not allow you to breathe, then you are doing the load incorrectly. Reduce muscle tension to make breathing easy.
For joint warm-up, it is necessary to perform circular movements 15–20 times in both directions.
Perform all exercises 10 times. Keep your shoulders straight and your back straight. Look straight. Do not forget that movements should be slow.
- Tilt your head forward, try to reach your collarbone with your chin.
- Turn your head to the right, pull your chin to your shoulder. Make to the left side.
- Lean your head back.
- Make head bends to the sides, try to touch the shoulder.
- Perform circular movements of the head, first - clockwise, then - against.
Stretching shoulders and arms.
Repeat all exercises 10 times.
- Pull your left hand forward, grab it just above the elbow with your second hand, pull your left hand to your chest. Repeat on the other hand.
- Соедините замком пальцы за затылком. Тяните руки их назад.
- Wrap your hand behind your back, bend it up, wrap your other hand behind your head and bend it down. Put your fingers together in the lock. Pull your upper elbow back.
Stretching Abdominal Muscles
Stop for 15 seconds in each position, repeat the exercises 5 times.
- Lying on your stomach, place your palms to the left and right of the shoulders. Leaning on your hands, raise your torso, arch your back.
- Go to the starting position. Without lifting your palms, stand on all fours and try to sit on your heels with your buttocks.
- Do the bridge exercise. Lying on your back, raise your body, resting on your palms and feet.
Stretching the back and lower back muscles
Perform exercises 3-4 times.
- Put your feet shoulder width apart. Rounding your back, bend down, try to reach the floor.
- Slowly bend with a straightened back, stretch your fingers to the feet.
- Lean over and grab your knees with your hands. Pull your stomach and chest toward your legs.
- Kneel on the floor, then sit on your legs with your buttocks. Bend to the floor, pull your arms forward. This exercise is for gently stretching the spine.
- Sit on the floor, stretch your legs forward and to the sides. Raise your hands up, and bend down to your left leg, try to touch it with your chest. Repeat on the right foot.
Perform the same torso forward, between the legs.
Stretching for beginners on video
The complex proposed above is just one of the options. There are many stretching exercises that are suitable for beginners. Stretching for beginners in the video will help you learn more about this. Choose the most suitable complex for yourself, do it regularly and follow safety precautions. Then you soon noticed that both your health and your figure are constantly changing for the better.
Leg muscle stretching
Do exercises 2-3 times.
- Stand straight, step with your left foot far forward. Bend your left leg at the knee, keep your right leg straight back. Aim with your pelvis down. Repeat on the other leg.
- Sit on the floor, connect the feet together, closer to you. Press your hands on your knees to lower them to the sides closer to the floor.
In the gym
All the exercises described above can be performed both at home and in the gym.
Additionally, in the gym you can use a running or cycling machine for the initial warm-up. Before the start of strength training in the gym, it will be useful to make several approaches with light weight on those muscle groups that will be worked out. If you are going to do a bench press with a heavy weight, you can perform push-ups from the floor. Do 15 sit-ups without extra workload if you plan on squatting with a barbell.
To stretch the spine and give the body a rest, in the hall you can make a vis on the horizontal bar.
All stretching exercises should be performed slowly, carefully monitoring the load. Never stretch without a warm up. Do not try to perform complex exercises, such as sitting on transverse splits, without special preparation.
Stretching exercises are available to any athlete, even just starting to practice “from scratch”. Stretching muscles is very useful, because it increases resistance to stress, and reduces the likelihood of injuries.
Also, do not forget about proper nutrition, drink at least 2 liters of water every day, get enough sleep, and think more about the results achieved, and not about what is not working out so far. If this article came in handy, like and share this information on social networks.