Firstly, it is following one’s principles, one’s own developed system of values, and not what stereotypes and other people's opinions dictate.
Secondly, it is an opportunity to look back into the past without self-flagellation and reproaches. It is important to understand that any experience is useful on the path to becoming an individual, and every event in the past makes sense. Even actions that are difficult to be proud of were not done in vain, if they taught something, helped to create a more harmonious personality.
Thirdly, this is the realization that a person expects from the future. Clearly set goals and visible progress towards their achievement are an important component of harmony with oneself. For the correct setting of goals, it is necessary to analyze your character, temperament, experience gained.
Living in harmony with himself in everything seeks positive aspects, accepts events and people with tolerance, does not succumb to the influence of emotions. Consent with yourself relieves anxiety, irritability and brings peace.
How to come to terms with yourself?
1. Learn to love and value yourself. Accepting oneself as it is is an important step towards harmony. The constant comparison of oneself with other people, envy of their merits and criticism of their shortcomings is one of the manifestations of the fact that a person is unhappy with himself. You must be able to appreciate your strengths, because everyone has them. And the shortcomings must be realized and try to get rid of them.
2. Listen to your intuition, feelings, follow the command of the heart. Of course, it is worth listening to the advice of family and friends, but make the final decision based on your attitude and principles. Be responsible for your actions and do not blame others.
3. Improve your inner world, know yourself. To achieve harmony, it is important for a person to determine who he is and what is the meaning of his life. On the basis of this, a system of values will be built, which will further guide the individual.
4. Expand horizons. Read more, attend seminars, watch movies on the topic of self-development. It is important to communicate with positive and smart people, to exclude from the circle of friends and acquaintances those who are saturated with negativity.
5. Pay attention to the physical shell. In a healthy body and spirit is healthy. Do not neglect physical exercises, eat right, communicate more with nature.
6. Respect others and show goodwill. Be prepared to help as much as possible without expecting the same in return. Providing assistance will add value and confidence in its usefulness. Do not impose your point of view on people and do not succumb to pressure from them.
7. Be content with the present. Take even sad events for granted, realizing that nothing in life happens for no reason.
8. To love or at least accept what surrounds us in everyday life. This includes hometown, home, work, and routine. Find in the, at first glance, unpleasant things something good that brings joy.
9. Respond to problems with common sense, without panic, without irritability and anger. Do not succumb to these emotions in resolving conflict situations.
Being in harmony with oneself, it is easy to change the view of things, events and people that are not possible to influence. Man is the main creator of his happiness, you only need to be able to find it inside yourself.
Experienced psychologists and psychotherapists of our Psychological Center will help you come to terms with yourself.
Living in harmony with oneself: what does it mean?
Being in harmony with himself, a person knows exactly what he wants from this life, therefore he is boldly engaged in his favorite business. The right decision to engage in life that brings pleasure and other benefits is taken only when a person understands himself very well, his character, experience, his true desire to do what gives him real joy.
Accepting himself, a person develops his own system of values, which does not change from the actions and opinions of other people, temporary phenomena and events. He leads a lifestyle that is significant for himself, and not for others. A man fully enjoys his life, achievements. He never compares himself with others, calm, serene. He is fully aware of his moral standards, values, approach to life and is directly guided by them.
How harmoniously a person feels is determined by whether he considers useful all that he has achieved, received, done. Yes, sometimes you need to abandon your former goals and realize that you really want to live. And believe me, it is after such a conscious, justified understanding that new ways, horizons for further actions begin to open up.
A person who is in agreement with himself does not regret the past, does not blame himself for past actions, actions, thoughts, decisions, even if they are not at all what we would like now, at this moment in time. After all, everything that happens in human life is not given in vain. For this purpose, nature has a goal - to enrich a person spiritually, to contribute to the growth of his personality, to give him the necessary life experience, to encourage a deep understanding of himself, his own values, norms, interests. Remember, a person develops only by receiving personal life experience.
Accepting himself, a person sets real goals that can be achieved in the near future. At the same time, it correctly determines its own forces, listening to itself and not denying the current reality.
Living in harmony with himself, a person is extremely attentive to those reactions of the body that are caused by certain events that occurred once in his life. These reflexes often help make the right decision. But this happens only when this reaction reflects the real reality, and not the situation that brought psychological trauma in the old days. Having survived something unpleasant in the past, many people reflexively shut themselves off from everything similar in the present life, trying to avoid such situations. You need to learn to understand how relevant the reaction is relevant for a given period of time, and based on this, draw the right conclusions. In general, harmonious people have cheerfulness, good appetite, sound sleep, and lack of insomnia.
Living in harmony with himself, a person makes decisions himself, guided by his own principles. He is always responsible for these decisions, does not blame other people in the event of an unsuccessful outcome.
Finding consent with himself, a person knows that his actions are not always liked by others, whether they are close relatives, friends or other people. They can offend them, disappoint, and sometimes they simply are not understood and are not accepted by other people. Despite this negative attitude, the person continues to do what he considers necessary and useful at the moment. However, he does not insist that everyone, without exception, accept his point of view. Respect for the opinions of other people, the ability to value the right of any person to the opportunity to accept and understand themselves - this is what distinguishes a harmonious personality. And the agreement of other people with his own point of view is not necessary.
And finally, to live in harmony with ourselves means to understand that we are not gods, that everyone is mistaken, sin, but not everyone understands this. Admit your own mistakes, learn to live with them, try to correct them in the future without losing harmony with yourself, understand and accept anyone, despite previous life experience, regardless of whether he was successful or not - that’s what a person can do living in harmony with himself.
How to be in harmony with yourself?
1. To be in harmony with oneself - implies knowing exactly what you want and doing what you want without hesitation. Source - Esoteric. Living Knowledge
2. Being in harmony with oneself, a person acts, adhering to his system of values, without changing it under the influence of other people or fleeting events.
3. The degree of agreement with yourself is assessed by the extent to which what you have, what you do, what you have, is good for you and what is not.
4. A person living in harmony with himself can look back at his past without regret, reproaches and self-flagellation, because he understands that all events, all decisions made earlier by him, though not the best ones, based on their current understanding, served one single goal - his personal growth, spiritual enrichment, obtaining invaluable life experience.
5. A person living in harmony with himself sets realistic goals in the short term. You can want a lot, but you need to correctly assess your strength and set achievable goals for the near future.
6. To be in harmony with oneself means to be attentive to the bodily reactions of an organism to a particular event: it is they who help to make the right choice.
7. To be in harmony with oneself means to make decisions independently according to one’s own principles, bear responsibility for one’s decisions and abandon the senseless desire to blame others for their failures.
8. To be in harmony with oneself means to accept that not all your actions and decisions will please your environment, to act in spite of possible resentment, disappointment and misunderstanding on the part of relatives and not so people.
9. A person who, in accordance with himself, will not impose his point of view on others, because he values and respects not only his right, but also the right of another person to be in harmony with himself.
10. Being in agreement with ourselves also means that sometimes we deviate from this state. To be a man, and not a sinless god - this means learning to live, knowing that we are wrong and will be wrong, correcting mistakes, recognizing mistakes, but maintaining friendly relations with us, understanding and accepting everyone.