Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
In this article, we will tell you how to clear your search history on Facebook Messenger. The only way to do this is to log out of Facebook Messenger on your mobile device or computer.
Facebook is very strict about the personal correspondence of users. Therefore, it prohibits forever deletesent messages. Rather, they can be erased in your own application, but it will remain with other recipients. This point is worth understanding.
But if you just need to clean your own chats from unwanted or unnecessary messages, or even entire correspondence, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with our instructions. We examined each case individually.
Case 1: Individual Fragments
First you need to open a chat and go to a specific fragment of it. Then make a long tap on unwanted SMS (multiple selection is possible in the same way). And then click on the trash can icon and give your consent to perform the operation.
Case 2: Entire Conversations
And if you decide to remove a specific correspondence in the entire Facebook messenger, then do the following:
- Go to the tab "Messages".
- Do a long tap on an unwanted chat.
- Select item Delete.
- Confirm the operation.
Facebook saves your search history. How to remove it?
Are you looking for something on Facebook? Probably yes. Then I have bad news for you. Facebook keeps a history of all these searches: people, interests, pages, and so on. But there is good news: the story can be deleted. How to do it? A few simple steps.
1. Go to your page and click on the "Activity Log" button there.
2. Spava has a menu column. Find the third link in the third block (blocks are separated by lines).
3. In the opened block, the most recent link will be "Search". Click on it.
4. Here is your search history. I have already cleared it, but you should have data for the entire time the page existed (or from the moment that such a "history record" appeared). To clear the search history, click on the link in the upper right.
Subscribe to my page SMM party
Or join the group of the same name SMM-specialists