You need to wash the car regularly, on average - once or twice a week. In this case, the car retains its “appearance” better and longer. In particular, from a clean car body, rainwater drains and dries faster, which means less chance of corrosion.
Car owners are of the opinion that if the machine is often exposed to water and chemicals, it can accelerate corrosion. Engineers deny this claim, noting, however, that after washing with a car, it is better to take a ride in order to dry all body cavities.
We protect the coating
It would seem that it is difficult to wash the machine yourself: take a bucket, a rag - and go. But without taking into account several important points, you can damage the paintwork of the car.
First, the body needs to be cleaned. “Dump” dust and dirt with a strong pressure of water, for example, from a hose. The best way is to use high-pressure apparatuses, for example, Karcher. Otherwise, even if you pour more than one bucket of water on the body, the desired effect will not be achieved. Sand and small particles will remain on the surface, which will then scratch the paint of the body during washing, thereby creating conditions for corrosion. In general, it is necessary to wash not only the body and windows, but also the engine, bottom and suspension parts - some types of pollution, especially from chemicals on the road surface, can corrode the paintwork and the metal itself. In order to wash the suspension, it is necessary to remove the wheels, and washing the bottom is a very troublesome procedure. So it’s better to wash these parts of the machine at special stations.
Only car chemistry should be used to wash the car, otherwise, due to the presence of acid or alkali in the composition, it is possible to damage the paint of the car or, in principle, not to wash the stains. To remove heavy contamination, there are additional chemicals that the body processes before applying shampoo. Some experts advise using car shampoo no more than 2-3 times a month.
Car shampoo can be both liquid and dry. Moreover, the concentration of liquid shampoo can be moderate (or ordinary) and strong, that is, requiring a small amount when added to water. The label of the car shampoo should contain instructions for use, as well as the expiration date. When washing the engine and oily parts, you should not use car shampoo, but white spirit.
To wash the car manually, you should use foam sponges of different sizes for convenient washing of machine parts. In order to keep the body cover intact, the brush should only be used to wash the wheels.
Water in a bucket of soapy water should be warm, but not hot. The machine should be washed from the roof to the wheels, first with an uncleaned sponge with shampoo, then with a sponge pressed without shampoo. Metal interior parts of doors and hood are also washed. You also need to clean the floor mats, and rub the dashboard, or torpedo, and other plastic parts with a special composition.
After abundant "rinsing" the car with clean water, excess moisture should be removed, preferably with a special scraper - then it will be faster and easier to wipe the surface with a dry rag. In the end, it is advisable to polish the car with a dry waffle towel or a piece of suede, in which case the surface will remain clean longer.
When to wash a car
Many drivers, especially beginners, are interested in: when to wash a car and how often it can be done. Drivers with experience are interested in this issue on the other hand. If beginners are interested in this because they do not know the answer to this question, then experienced drivers are more interested in this question for safety reasons. Safety lies in the fact that when washing a car in a car wash it is subjected to high water pressure, and it also uses very complex car chemistry - which raises the question of how often you can wash a car so as not to spoil the paintwork. Indeed, the high water pressure and the pressure which is applied to the car do not affect the car body in the best way, and the auto chemical goods used for this, although it effectively cleans the car body of dirt, nevertheless, negatively affects the paintwork surface bodywork.
How often do you need to wash your car in summer
On the Internet, on many resources, quite often motorists argue on the topic: how to wash a car in the warm season. Of course, you will not find a definite answer - everyone should decide for himself, but with the help of some facts and hypotheses that we have cited, you can make the right decision for yourself.
Personally, we believe that a car should be washed when you yourself consider it necessary. Well, you must admit, driving a dirty car only because paint can theoretically fade or vice versa due to car chemistry is somehow not logical. The car for many, although it is something special, but it is not for life, according to statistics, every third Russian changes the car every 5 years, every second time in 10 years, there are very few who leave their car for their whole lives . When operating a car for more than 5 years, various damages will appear on its body and without the influence of auto chemical goods: small dents from road stones, corrosion, scratches and much more. Based on this, car chemistry and high water pressure are not so scary, in comparison with natural damage to the body. Therefore, to wait until someone writes on the dirty car body the phrase: "Wash me" - it makes no sense.
Someone washes a car every day, regardless of whether it is dirty or not. Someone washes a car as soon as dust appears on it or after a past rain when dust stains appeared on it. Well, someone washes a car when it gets very dirty. In any case, proceed from your personal preferences, employment and weather conditions when solving this issue.
How often do you need to wash your car in winter
Another question that motorists often ask is how often do you need to wash the car. This question is asked for two reasons: is it advisable to wash the car at all in winter and how much it negatively affects the car.
Everyone should give an answer to this question for himself. As a rule, in winter, the car must be washed in accordance with weather conditions: that is, it does not make sense to wash the car in heavy snow or during its melting, as your car will become dirty again after a short period of time and all your efforts and money will go down the drain. . It is not recommended to wash the car if the outdoor temperature is below -10 degrees, as washing the body can lead to negative consequences. In other cases, washing the car is even useful, since the reagents that sprinkle the road in large cities have a very negative effect on the car body and therefore it is recommended to rinse it occasionally in winter.
Where is better to wash the car
In principle, there are 2 types of car wash, which have 2 subspecies. The first type of washing is a car wash, the second is an independent washing. At a car wash, as a rule, car washers are washed by car washers, but there are also car washes that provide their equipment (when the car owner can wash his car on his own). Independent washing can also be divided into 2 types: independent washing using own special washing equipment and hand washing. It’s difficult, but you can understand the principle.
Which of these types of sinks is the best? In any case, washing with special equipment is always better. As for where it is better to wash the car: at the sink or at home, and also whether it is worth entrusting the matter to the washer at the sink or doing it yourself - you decide. A car owner who loves his car will always wash the car better than a professional washer, all the more so the washers with special care in washing the car were not noticed.
If money allows, and you are limited in time, then washing the car with a washer in a car wash is the best option for you. If you are not limited in time, then an independent car wash at a car wash will give the best result. For those who are very pedantic about their car, and strive to ensure that it is always clean and shiny - we recommend purchasing a Karcher household mini-sink, the main thing is that you have a place in which there is water supply and where you can actually wash the car .
Why wash a car?
Dirt not only worsens the appearance of the car, but also affects the integrity of the paintwork, the occurrence of corrosion, traffic safety and even fuel consumption. If the mud has at least a little salt, then it will act as a catalyst and contribute to corrosion. Mud growths, in addition, absorb and retain moisture in themselves, like a sponge, which does not affect the LCP in the best way. Bird droppings and tar from trees can eat into the paint and leave behind stains that cannot be removed (see the article on how to remove bird droppings and how to wash tar). Dirty windows impair visibility while driving, and a car covered with a layer of dirt is less visible on the road, which affects the accident rate. Dirt in the inside of the rims can affect their balance.
p, blockquote 3,0,0,0,0,0 ->
It is recommended to wash the car every week, but in reality, the frequency of washing depends on the operating conditions.
p, blockquote 4,0,1,0,0 ->
Car wash preparation
p, blockquote 5,0,0,0,0 ->
- For a quality car wash with your own hands, you may need to make some investments. Buy a washing glove made of sheepskin or microfiber (in extreme cases, a sponge), a high-quality microfiber towel for drying a car with a waffle texture (see the article about microfiber for a car), a good car shampoo, 2 buckets with trellised inserts on the bottom (we will consider in more detail below), special brushes for washing wheels, cleaners to wash away stubborn dirt.
p, blockquote 6.0,0,0,0,0 ->
- When washing a car, spray cleaners are popular. Their use helps to eliminate or reduce the scuffing of difficult to remove contaminants. You just need to spray the product, wait a while until it is absorbed and acts and rinse. The article “dry washing, operating principle” describes the process of washing not very dirty cars only with the help of sprayed means and microfiber.
- For wheels, it is better to use a separate sponge. For hard to reach places, when washing the wheels, you can use a toothbrush.
- Car shampoo acts as a lubricant during washing, softens friction and reduces the likelihood of scratches. Use only the recommended amount of car shampoo. More doesn't mean better.
- Remove the tag from the microfiber towels, as it may scratch the paint.
This method helps to separate dirty water for rinsing a sponge or washing gloves and clean soapy water that comes in contact with paintwork and should not contain any particles of contamination. It is better that the buckets are 20 liter.
p, blockquote 7,0,0,0,0 -> Buckets with lattice inserts help to separate solid particles of pollution (settle to the bottom) from the main volume of water in the bucket.
If you use only one bucket, then all the dirt from the machine through the sponge will accumulate in it. Then it will fall on the machine again, after wetting the sponge. Dirt acts as an abrasive and scratches the paint when washing. Even if there are not many such scratches at once, then many incorrect sinks will scratch the entire surface of the machine. Thus, the use of two buckets reduces the likelihood that dirt will remain on the washing sponge or mitten, which could scratch the paint. After each procedure, the impact of the sponge with soapy water on a dirty surface, immerse and rinse the sponge in a bucket of plain water. Thus, the soapy water will remain clean enough, and the main dirt will remain in a bucket of plain water.
p, blockquote 8.1,0,0,0 ->
In the buckets, it will not be superfluous to additionally install special grids to the bottom. They are on sale separately and with buckets. Solids of debris fall through the grate and remain at the bottom. Thus, the water in the bucket will be without solid abrasive particles.
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
To be scrupulous, you can go even further and use two buckets for rinsing and one for soapy water. So, a phased rinse is guaranteed to save the washing mitten from dirt particles that could scratch the paint.
p, blockquote 10,0,0,0,0 ->
The two-bucket method also works without special protective lattice inserts at the bottom, but with lattices more efficiently.
p, blockquote 11,0,0,0,0 ->
You can also choose a universal option and use only one bucket with a special grill at the bottom. Each time dipping a sponge, you will not get to the bottom, where all the dirt accumulates.
p, blockquote 12,0,0,1,0 ->
How to wash a car in a car wash
So, let's start with how to wash a car in a car wash: both with the help of a washer and independently. The most important task in this situation is to find a good car wash with conscientious workers. To do this, ask your friends about what is the best car wash in the city. Of course, each driver will have their own subjective opinion about the quality of the wash, so you can correctly answer this survey for yourself only when you try a few sinks and compare their work.
Car wash with a car wash washer
In order for you to wash your car in a car wash, you need to register there in advance, since there is always a queue at good car washes. Arriving at the car wash, you will have to choose the type of washing. Each sink has its own names: “light”, “express”, etc., so check in advance that each of these types of sinks includes. As a rule, the following services are performed at car washes:
- Body wash with water,
- Body washing with water, followed by manual wiping,
- Car wash with car shampoo (foam),
- Body wash with car shampoo (foam) and its subsequent manual wiping,
- Car wash with car shampoo (foam) and rubbing it with wax.
- Manual washing of dirt from the surface of the car body with its subsequent wiping,
- Manual mud flushing, car wash with car shampoo and body wiping,
- Manual washing and waxing.
In addition to these two main types of washing, you can also be offered additional services:
- Interior cleaning
- Black tire
- Washing the engine compartment,
- Body polishing.
What type of washing to make - decide on the basis of the cost of services, its need, degree of pollution of the car and weather conditions. If you haven’t washed the car for a long time or if you want it to be well washed and shiny - for this, choose: a non-contact washing with a body wash with active foam and then rubbing it with wax and blackening the tires. After such a wash, your car will have the most beautiful appearance. If you don’t particularly bother with the beauty of the car, you need to quickly wash off the dust and dirt from the body - then the simplest non-contact wash is the best option.
If you decide to carry out a general car wash, we recommend choosing: cleaning the car interior, washing the engine compartment, contactless washing with active foam, rubbing the body with wax and blackening tires.
After you have selected the type of car wash, the washer or administrator tells you which box to drive your car into. Having driven your car into the box, turn off the engine, put the gear lever in the neutral position and put the car on the hand brake. Pull the keys out of the ignition switch and get out of the car, check if the doors are tightly closed. After that, the washer starts washing the car. When your car is washed, you check the quality of the car wash, pay off and leave.
What exactly to pay attention to when you are going to wash a car at a car wash - we will tell below where we will touch on the question of car wash yourself, pointing out some nuances in this matter.
Car wash on a car wash yourself
Here we will mention a few nuances when washing a car yourself in a car wash. Для начала уточните, какова оплата за так называемую аренду мойки, и как ведётся оплата. Каждая мойка может иметь своё исчисление стоимости. Кто-то устанавливает стоимость в зависимости от времени, а кто-то в зависимости от времени и количества потреблённой воды – эти нюансы необходимо заранее уточнить. Как правило, ваше время на мойке будет ограничено, поэтому уточните и этот вопрос тоже.Also, you will need to purchase in advance all means of car cosmetics for washing the car.
How to wash the car yourself
Now let's move on to the most interesting part of our article on how to wash the car yourself. If you bought yourself a household mini-sink for a car, and prefer to wash your car yourself, then we will tell you how to do it.
How to wash a car with a household mini-sink
The most popular mini car wash is the Karcher mini car wash. It is very convenient to wash a car with Karcher, these household washers can quite successfully replace a car wash in a car wash. How to wash a car Karcher?
How to quickly rinse a car
If you want to quickly wash your car, then for this you can just wash off the dirt and dust: from the body, arches and wheels - using a jet of water from a mini-sink. Whether to wipe the car after that or not - decide for yourself, based on weather conditions, the need and the availability of free time.
How to wash the car thoroughly
The start of a car wash begins with rinsing the body with water to bring down the main dirt from it, not forgetting about the arches, wheels and the bottom. In order to thoroughly wash the car, we apply special chemical cleaning agents to individual parts of the car. First, apply a rubber cleaner, then a disk cleaner. Then we apply a tool for cleaning plastic and plastic. If there are traces of insects or spots on the surface of the body, then apply the appropriate product on them. After which we leave the car for 1-2 minutes, so that the funds give their effect and are slightly absorbed.
After that, we put on a special nozzle-container in which we pour detergent for high-pressure washers, this nozzle simultaneously supplies water and detergent, turning it all into foam. A layer of foam is applied to the car with a ladder from bottom to top, after which a second layer is applied. After a couple of minutes, when the foam began to drain - we also wash it from the bottom up with a ladder, after the foam is washed off - very carefully rinse the car with a ladder from top to bottom. Please note that at high pressure washers, the flow of water must be directed to the machine at an angle of 45 degrees.
Then with a special cloth we wipe the glass and the car body dry, after which you can put wax on the car body and grind it. In the end, make sure that there are no smudges or stains. At the end of the wash, you can apply a special dye on the side of the tires, which will give the tires a look of novelty.
How to wash the car with your hands
To begin, completely pour water over the machine from a bucket, or with a hose. After that, dilute the car shampoo in a bucket and apply it to the car. Then rinse the shampoo well and wipe the car with a damp special rag. After that, you can apply wax on the car body and grind it. If necessary, apply the dye on the tires and rub it into the rubber.
How to wash a car in winter
Of course, many motorists are interested in how to wash a car in the winter. Above, we made several recommendations in this regard, with regard to specific recommendations, in winter the car must be washed with exclusively cold water, since hot water can adversely affect the paintwork due to temperature differences, as well as provoke cracks on the windshield.
Before applying shampoo - the body must be thoroughly washed from ice crust and snow, otherwise there will be no sense from such a wash. After washing, the car must be thoroughly dried so that the remaining water does not turn into ice.
The better to wash the car
Means for contactless washing
If you wash the car with a household mini-sink, then use a special detergent for high-pressure washers. These products should foam well and have a list of properties that allow the highest quality to clean the surface of the car body from various kinds of pollution, as well as protect the paintwork. For body waxing, we recommend using wax with an intense water-repellent effect, which will also provide maximum shine. It is better to give preference to means of Karcher company.
Means for contact washing
For an independent manual washing you will need: a car shampoo for a manual washing and a special sponge for washing a car. If necessary, you can use wax for cars.
For both non-contact and contact car wash you can use: tire ink, means for cleaning discs, means for removing stains and insects, means for cleaning plastic.
Car wash process and sequence
p, blockquote 13,0,0,0,0 ->
- You need to start by pouring water over the entire surface of the machine. If there is running water or a high pressure washer, then it needs to remove the bulk of the contaminants. You can read more about how to use a high pressure washer correctly in the article “How to wash a car with a high pressure washer”. No need to apply too much pressure. Water under high pressure will act on particulate matter and will scratch the surface. The next step is to start washing with a special mitten or foam sponge.
- Plentiful foam serves as a lubricant and helps transfer dirt to the mitten without scratching the paint.
- Start from the top and move to the bottom. The bottom of the car is usually the dirtiest. Why is this car wash sequence needed (top to bottom)? If you start washing the car from below, then the dirt from the upper part, then it will fall on the clean lower part, which will have to be washed again. Get double work.
- Immediately after washing, rinse each panel with clean water so that the foam does not remain on the surface for a long time and does not dry out.
- Wash horizontal surfaces with direct movements back and forth.
- Direct movements with a sponge or mitten have a certain meaning. Even if small scratches occur, then they will be less noticeable. Circular scratches from circular motions will be visible at all angles, therefore they will be more noticeable.
- No need to scratch or scrub anything. Use clay to clean the body (see the article on its use) and special cleaners (sprays) for difficult to remove dirt.
- After washing each section, immerse the sponge in the rinse bucket and shake the water. When rinsing the sponge in a bucket, scrape it along the grate, which is installed at the bottom, so that all dirt particles remain under the grate. This will help remove dirt from the sponge or washing gloves. Next, immerse again in a bucket for washing with foam and continue washing.
- After you're done with horizontal ones, move on to vertical surfaces. Wash in direct movements up and down, in small sections. Do not forget to rinse the washing sponge in plain water. The dirtier the machine, the more often you need to rinse a sponge or mitten.
- Sponge or mitten can be done in 2 passes. First, one side, then turn the sponge over and walk the second clean side.
- When washing, do not press hard on the washing glove. Let the soapy water do its job, let it soak well in the pollution.
- To clean the glass, you can use a special glass cleaner.
- The final rinse of the machine with water from the hose (without nozzle) must also be done from top to bottom. If there is no running water, then use clear water from a bucket.
- When washing the car, do not forget to open the doors, trunk lid and hood and rinse openings.
- If there is a high pressure washer, then do not forget to wash the bottom of the car.
Drying the car after washing
p, blockquote 14,0,0,0,0 ->
- If there is no patience to wait, then completely lay out the towel and, when the water is absorbed, pull it slowly by the edges toward you along the surface. A waffle towel has a characteristic texture that will help pull the remaining moisture and small particles.
- Dry the car with microfiber from the roof, then glass, hood, trunk, front and rear wings.
- If possible, then after washing you need to blow all corners and joints of the car with compressed air.
- For blowing after washing, you can use a leaf blower, if there is one on the farm. She will blow 80 percent of the water. Purge helps get rid of moisture in hard to reach places.
- Do not start driving the washed machine until it is completely dry. Otherwise, traces of dried up water will appear on the surface.
p, blockquote 15,0,0,0,0 ->
Share “How to wash a car?”