Black dots are open comedones. They appear when the pores are clogged with dirt particles, excess sebum, dead cells. Usually comedones appear in the nose and chin, in these places the skin is fatter. You can solve this aesthetic problem with home cleaning strips.
Consider the various recipes for home remedies for black dots:
- From gelatin. Take 1 tsp. gelatin powder and 1.5 tbsp. l milk. Mix well and leave for 10 minutes. for swelling. Then put in the microwave for 8-10 seconds. either dissolve in a steam bath. It should make a gel-like sticky mass. Cool and apply to the nose and other problem areas. Leave on the skin until completely dry, then remove in one motion.
- From activated carbon. Take a tablet of activated carbon, crumble it, add 1 tsp. gelatin and 1 tbsp. l clean warm water. Mix everything and let it brew for 20-30 minutes. Apply to nose, wait until dry.
- From an egg. Separate the protein from the yolk. Whip the protein into foam. Apply to skin, then cover with a paper towel or napkin. When the first coat dries, apply another. You can add to the protein 1 tsp. warm milk. Allow the mask to dry completely and pull it away from the face with a sharp movement.
- From cosmetic wax. Heat the wax in a steam bath, let cool slightly. Apply to problem areas, top with a thin paper towel. Take off with the paper backing.
Try different strip recipes to decide which one suits you best. You can alternate masks.
Nose Strips - Usage Tips
So that the home strip thoroughly cleanses the skin, rinse off all cosmetics before applying. Then steam the face well for 10 minutes. Apply all masks in several layers. Leave a strip on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
After stripping, use contrast wash to narrow your pores. Then wipe the skin with lemon juice mixed with water.
Do not be lazy, try to make strips for the nose from the black dots yourself. Most likely, the result will please you and home remedies will completely replace the store ones.
Any strips for the nose from black dots (Garnier, Propeller and others) consist of two sides: one smooth, the other adhesive. Adhesive is closed with a thin strip of glossy paper, due to this, it retains its properties for a long time. Various chemical and natural substances are applied to it, which provide its “exciting” qualities.
During gluing, the strips cling due to the adhesive layer to various irregularities on the skin. If you look closely, you can see that the dark spots are nothing but contaminated pores, where the apex of accumulations of fat and dust darkened. Due to the depth of the fossa, it is rarely possible to completely completely clean it mechanically the first time. But the strips act more gently. Adhering to the top of the contamination, they pull out the blockage almost naturally.
Many manufacturers enrich their products with various additives that contribute to the narrowing of pores, accelerating their healing, and prevention. At the same time, some types of strips (for example, coal) have absorbent components. They not only cleanse contaminated pores, but also help normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands, significantly reducing discharge. This has a positive effect on the epidermis, improving its color and turgor.
Photo - Stripes against black dots
The use of strips for cleansing the nose
This cosmetic product has appeared on the market relatively recently, but has already proven itself perfectly. It is a coated fabric or thick paper. When the coating is moistened, the adhesive softens and sticks to the skin. Strips have many advantages and benefits compared to masks and scrubs.
The use of nasal strips from black dots
The main objective of the product is to remove comedones and make the skin healthy, but this is not the only purpose of the strips. The manufacturers of this cosmetic product seek to diversify the composition in every way so that after use the nose is not covered with a greasy film and comedones.
The benefits of nasal strips from comedones are as follows:
- Gently soften pore contents. The coating or impregnation of the strips contains substances that make dirt in the pores softer. This helps to carefully remove the “capsule” from the pore.
- Reduce inflammation. In pores with mud, opportunistic microorganisms often multiply. They provoke inflammation and redness. After purification, the pores lack a nutrient medium for the growth of bacterial colonies.
- Quickly cleanse the skin. There is no need to steam the face for a long time, and then squeeze the dirt out of the recesses. The procedure takes 5-15 minutes.
- Prevent fat and debris from accumulating.. After the procedure, the pores are narrowed, which makes them less susceptible to dirt accumulation.
The use of strips for cleaning the nose from large pores
Due to irregular cleansing and improperly selected skin care products, large dark patches appear in the nose. They look like recesses filled with black content. You can clear the nose of large comedones in a beauty salon. Typically, hardware or manual cleaning is performed. But at home, you can effectively get rid of comedones on the nose, using strips.
Useful properties of strips for cleaning the nose of large comedones:
- Reduce pore size. After the procedure, the size of the recesses in the skin decreases. This makes the skin smoother and velvet. Often, after cleaning in the cabin, a depression remains in place of the comedone. As a result, the epidermis looks rough. Sticky stripes narrow the pores.
- Prevent Acne and Acne. Sebum is an excellent breeding ground for streptococci and staphylococci. Often, black spots turn into acne and acne due to infection.
- Reduce skin texture. After cleaning, the recesses are pulled together. The dermis becomes even, which makes the face neat and well-groomed.
The use of strips to cleanse the pores of the nose from grease and dirt
Improper nutrition and medication contribute to excessive secretion of sebum. After this, the fat is mixed with dust, clogging the pores. Nose strips help remove dirt.
Useful properties of strips for cleaning the nose of grease and dirt:
- Remove dirt not only from the pores, but also from the entire surface of the skin. This prevents dust accumulation and further clogging of pores.
- They help to fix the sebum secretion. The strips do not contain substances that dry the epidermis. Accordingly, the production of sebum does not increase, as with the use of alcohol-containing agents.
- Do not affect blood circulation. This is a plus for women who have a vascular network and other problems with capillaries on their faces.
Contraindications to the use of nasal cleansing strips
Despite the simplicity, low price and effectiveness of the strips, there are contraindications. Be sure to read the instructions and do not use the tool for serious skin ailments.
Contraindications to the use of cleansing strips for the nose are as follows:
- Rosacea.The instructions indicate that before the procedure, it is necessary to steam the skin over the pan with hot water. This should not be done if you have a noticeable vascular network or stars on the face. You can simply apply a warm, wet towel to your skin.
- Inflammation. If there is redness or suppuration in the nose, postpone the procedure. After removing the patch, you can spread the infection all over your face.
- Skin ailments. If you have atopic dermatitis or eczema, in no case use strips.
- Sensitive epidermis. If you have very sensitive skin, discard the stripes. Mechanical exposure can damage the thin epidermis and cause irritation.
- Allergy to impregnation or adhesive components. Polyvinyl chloride is used as an adhesive. It is widely used in medicine, but can cause allergies. In addition, the patch is often impregnated with antibacterial substances. If you are allergic to any of them, do not use the patch.
Features of the choice of cleaning strips for the nose
There are many companies on the market that produce a cleansing patch for the nose. You should choose depending on the features of your skin and the presence of allergies to a specific component.
Consider the most popular nasal strips:
- Hazelnut Cettua. The color of the stripes is white. The paper is very thick, and for sufficient softening it is necessary to hold the patch in water a little longer. Due to the decent thickness, the strips are poorly smoothed and take the shape of a nose. Due to the high density, they dry longer than indicated on the package. It will take about 30 minutes, not 15, for the patch to dry. The price is low, about $ 2 per pack, in which 6 pieces. Many note the not very convenient form of the patch, in some places there is not enough paper, but the patch touches the dry skin near the lips. The manufacturer promises to narrow the pores due to the presence of impregnation containing hazelnut extract.
- Botanical Choice PureDerm with Green Tea. In the package of 6 pieces, there are strips of 3 dollars. Green tea helps relieve irritation and is an antiseptic. The base of the patch is very thin, so it quickly gets wet and dries instantly. The shape of the stripes is comfortable, all the necessary areas on the nose are covered with paper. Due to the small thickness of the patch, the strips adhere well and practically “grow together” with the skin. Therefore, when removed, pain occurs.
- Propeller. The package contains 6 plates. They are glued to a transparent cellophane film. Dry quickly in 10-15 minutes. In this case, the fabric does not dry completely, which does not cause its hardening. The strip is simply removed, removing all debris from then on. The impregnation contains D-panthenol, which heals small wounds and tightens pores. The price of packaging is $ 4.
- LAF for deep cleaning. In the package of 10 pieces, the price is $ 3. The shape of the stripes is slightly different from competitors. It is angular, which allows you to glue the patch in the most inaccessible places. The base is soft, quickly gets wet and dries.
- Bon Voyage with antiseptic effect. In the package of 5 pieces, the price is 1.5 dollars. The manufacturer claims that after cleaning the empty pores are targets for dirt, and the patch prevents the accumulation of debris after cleaning. Medium thickness fabric, most consumers do not notice painful stripe removal. In addition, the base completely assumes the shape of a nose without strong pressure and smoothing.
- Biore "Pore pack". Strips made in China. In a package that costs $ 8, 13 strips. The fact is that initially there were 10 plates in the box, but the company constantly arranges promotions and gives 3 more strips as a gift to customers. Before use, steam the face. These strips not only remove trash from the pores, but also remove makeup residues. The basis is soft, completely repeats the shape of the nose. Accordingly, dirt is removed from the entire surface of the nose.
How to make do-it-yourself nose strips
If you do not like and do not want to buy a cleansing patch, you can make it yourself at home. There are several ways to create stripes. As a basis, protein and gelatin are used. These products dry quickly, forming a thin film that follows the contours of the nose.
Recipes for the manufacture of compositions for cleaning strips for the nose:
- With gelatin. Take a bag of gelatin and pour it into a glass or cup. Pour 50 ml of cold milk into the container. Leave the glass for 15 minutes, during which time the grains will increase in size and become soft. Place the beaker in the microwave for 15 seconds. As a result, you will remove the translucent liquid from the apparatus. Steam the epidermis over a saucepan with boiling water for a quarter of an hour. Stir the mixture in a glass and moisten it with a soft brush. Apply to skin. Leave to dry completely. Pry off the edge and remove the film, it will be removed with a solid layer.
- With egg. You need to separate the protein and the yolk. Remove any makeup residues from your face and apply a wet, hot towel to your skin. Beat the protein and brush your nose on it. Take thin paper napkins and glue them over your nose. After that, apply some more protein to the paper. Leave to dry completely. Rip it off your face. Remove the remaining protein with warm water and rub the yolk onto your nose. Leave for a quarter of an hour. Rinse the yolk and enjoy the result. Such strips remove dirt well, and the yolk nourishes the dermis.
- Activated carbon. A great tool for removing old black dots. Activated carbon is an adsorbent that absorbs dirt and debris from the surface of the epidermis. To prepare the mixture, crush the charcoal tablet with a spoon. Mix the resulting powder with 2 tablespoons of gelatin. Pour 30 ml of water into a glass. Put the mixture in a water bath. It is necessary that the gelatin dissolves. Apply a slightly warm mass to the previously prepared nose (it needs to be steamed). After drying, apply a second layer of mask. Leave to dry. Tear off the resulting film. Wash off the rest with a warm decoction of chamomile flowers.
How to use strips for deep cleansing of the pores of the nose
To achieve excellent cleaning results, follow the instructions.
Instructions for using nose strips:
- Use a cleanser or a special cleanser to clean your face.
- Heat a pot of water, cover your head with a towel and sit over a container for 10 minutes. It is necessary that the skin is steamed, and the contents of the pores become soft.
- Wet the strip and separate it from the oilcloth.
- Put the patch on your nose and, while pressing, flatten it. It is necessary that the strip takes the shape of a nose. The completeness of cleaning depends on the strength of the pressure and thorough smoothing.
- Leave on for 5-20 minutes. The exact time is indicated on the packaging with stripes.
- Pry the patch off the edge and tear it off the skin in one motion.
- Wipe your face with tonic and enjoy a clean nose.
Results for Nasal Cleansing Strips
At the sight of the price of the patch, many have an irony, since few people believe in the effectiveness of cheap drugs. But the results speak for themselves:
- Deep skin cleansing in just 15 minutes. To clean the skin in the cabin using chemical peeling or laser cleaning, you will have to spend a lot of time and money.
- If you follow the instructions clearly, the skin on the nose turns pink, and there is no trace of black dots.
- The effect of the procedure is compared with mechanical cleaning. In this case, when using strips, there is no discomfort, and mechanical cleaning is very painful.
- With regular use, it will be possible to reduce the production of sebum and to prevent the accumulation of dirt in the pores.
How to use strips to cleanse your nose - look at the video:
As you can see, nasal cleansing strips are an inexpensive but effective way to combat comedones. With their help, you can significantly improve the condition of the skin and prevent the formation of acne and inflammation.
How to use strips
Despite the rather tenacious adhesive side, often, the patch from the black dots is attached exclusively to wet skin. If you act in this way, then various additives are activated, which in a dry state are in a "sleeping" state. It is also recommended to pre-steam the skin thoroughly - this will significantly improve the result.
Photo - The effect of the stripes
How to use sticky face strips from black dots:
- Wash and scrub skin thoroughly. It’s not recommended to rub the face strongly with a towel, it’s enough to get wet slightly,
- After you need to steam the epidermis so that the pores open and are easier to clean. A bath of chamomile or sage is perfect for this. If caraway or tea tree essential oil is suitable, then for problematic skin it is better to take it,
- There are various strips: for the nose, T-zone, cheeks and forehead. You need to use them only in designated areas, otherwise, they will not be fixed with sufficient strength and will not give the desired effect,
- Apply patches exclusively to wet skin. After gluing, they need to be smoothed out well and pressed to the pores to ensure a strong adhesion of the “heads” of dirt and the adhesive surface,
- It is not necessary to keep the stripes for long - 10 minutes, in most cases, is enough. Some patches need to be removed moist, some, on the contrary, should be left to dry. Therefore, be sure to read the instructions before use - depending on its compliance, the result may vary significantly,
- After use, it is necessary to additionally wipe the face with a cotton pad dipped in micellar water. This will eliminate the imperceptible residues of the adhesive surface.
Reviews say that many strips to remove black dots do not give the desired effect after the first time. In fact, the reason is the rapid re-contamination of the pores. После того, как из отверстия достанется сор, на его месте останется пустота, которая сразу начнет заполняться. Поэтому как только Вы снимите пластырь нужно позаботиться о том, чтобы поры максимально закрылись.
Для этого можно использовать специальные маски, протереть эпидермис кубиком льда или приложить к коже охлаждающую салфетку с антибактериальным эффектом. При проблемной коже рекомендуется сначала вытереть лицо спонжем с капелькой лимонного сока, а потом нанести «Зинерит». Use cleaning strips at least 3 times a week. Then you will provide not only regular cleaning, but also quality preventive maintenance.
Consider the most popular brands of stripes from black dots. They are classified by area of use and their additives.
Propeller - These are budget strips for acne and black spots, which are very popular. They come in two forms: with charcoal and green tea extract. Depending on the problems of the epidermis, the desired type is selected:
- Green tea will help relieve inflammation, remove pore redness and reduce swelling of the glands. Due to this, a natural process of purification takes place. They are aggressive agents and are often prescribed by specialists to treat problem skin at puberty,
- Activated carbon is a softer streak than with green tea. They are designed to deeply cleanse the skin and accelerate its regeneration. Reviews claim that they cleanse the epidermis even from deep points that cannot be squeezed out.
In second place in popularity is the company. Nivea (Nivea Visage), which suggests using strips of the same name with fruit acids to clean the nose and T-zone. This is a universal remedy, suitable both for the treatment of oily skin, and for the prevention of normal and even sensitive. Due to fruit acids, of which there are a lot of, blockages from the pores are not only removed, but often dissolved directly in the holes.
Bon voyage agiotage - These are cleaning strips of blackheads and blackheads, which can be bought either at the pharmacy or in large cosmetic networks. They have a higher cost than those offered by the Nivea brand, but are considered to be of higher quality. It is noteworthy that these patches are able to remove even the largest and oldest blockages. Enriched with special additives that help narrow pores.
Cettua with Hazelnut Extract are used to clean young dots, not black, but gray. They also apply to budget funds, such as Via Beauty. Do not help with deep acne. Characterized by a very sticky adhesive side. Often on the forums they write about them that they clean the dirt almost with the skin.
Photos - Cettua
Essence Pure Skin - An analogue of the Propeller, but they cost a little more. They qualitatively clean not only dark spots, but also small pimples. They contain acid, which helps provide a preventive effect. Designed for the nose, but if desired, they can easily be used on the chin. Unlike many analogues, Essens is allowed to glue no more than 1 time per week. As an alternative to problematic sensitive skin, the Tian De Clean Pores patch is suitable.
Korean stripes from Tony Moly Egg Pore Nose Pack have not only an affordable cost, but also great reviews. The egg series of this brand consists almost entirely of products designed to clean problem and combination skin. Tony Moth Strips contain herbal extracts and vitamin supplements. Soft glue base allows you to gently cleanse even sensitive skin.
Purederm Nose Pore Strips choco cacao contain natural cocoa extract and witch hazel extract. They are characterized by high availability and efficiency. They are a cheaper analogue of Tony Moli (by the way, they are also produced in Korea). They can be glued on wet or dry skin.
For deep pore cleansing on delicate and sensitive skin, strips are suitable. Skinlite Nose Pore Strips from black dots. They are enriched with aloe extract, due to which they immediately have an antibacterial and regenerative effect.
Video: making a mask from black dots with gelatin
Cooking home remedies
It is not always possible to buy special strips from black dots, because often their price is unreasonably high. At home, you can easily make a special pore cleaner made entirely from natural products.
The most famous do-it-yourself mask film for cleaning pores from black dots is gelatinous. You need to take a tablet of activated carbon, a spoonful of gelatin and half a spoonful of water. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed and infused for 20 minutes. Apply only to steamed skin with soft, circular motions. Leave on face until solidified, then carefully remove the film. In no case do not rinse, otherwise there will be no result.
Homemade gelatin mask
Similarly done mask with an egg. It is necessary to separate the protein from the chicken egg, then beat it well. To the mass, add a crushed tablet of activated carbon or ascorbic acid (if acne is bothering, it is better to ascorb). If desired, you can add a teaspoon of milk to the egg. Apply exclusively after bath or shower. Keep until completely solidified, then carefully remove without rinsing.