The essence of the method is as follows. By artificially reproducing the texture of old wood, this effect is achieved. Absolutely any breed of wood has hard and soft fibers. Over time, the last fibers begin to break down, which gives the old furniture such a look. This can be achieved independently by simply removing this type of fiber. This will require a metal brush.
Brushing is a method of removing soft fibers from a tree structure.
Artificial aging of wood is simple. For brushing, the surface of the item should be brushed, processing is carried out along the fibers. Work is ongoing until the desired effect is achieved, but attention should be paid to the fact that in such a case it is important not to overdo it. Otherwise, the item will not look like an antique product, but like a decrepit item.
The use of this method is possible with tree species having a soft structure, such as, for example, oak, larch, ash, pine and walnut. It makes no sense to use this method if there is a need to make aging of wood and products made from cherry, beech, maple, pear.
After completing the work, the product should be cleaned to remove any remaining lint and fibers. After this, the result is fixed, giving the product gloss and attractiveness. For this purpose, varnish can be used, although stain or patination is best for this. As for the first tool, you can choose any, it all depends on the tasks. Patination will make the surface more spectacular. A dark or contrasting surface looks best when compared to the lighter side. To do this, select the appropriate paint, and then cover it with the entire surface. Upon completion of the painting, remove the paint layer with a cloth until the product has dried.
The final stage is the use of varnish, which is applied after treatment with patination or stain. It is recommended to apply two or three layers. To give gloss, you can rub the product using a soft cloth. The result is an item that is almost similar to antiques.
Using a dry brush
Soft fibers from wood fabric are removed with a wire brush.
Using this method is suitable for new furniture, as well as for existing painted. In total, there are several methods in the specified method, so you can complete the procedure, or you can do only using some methods.
The first method involves the creation on the surface of the material of traces inherent in objects used for a long time. In this case, you will need a hammer and a number of other items used in carpentry. You can use metal chains. These items are necessary to create defects caused by blows. You can make chips, potholes, or any other signs of a large age of wood.
The next method is to apply base coats of paint. Total layers can be one or two, it all depends on desire. Naturally, two layers will look better than one, this should be remembered.
How to artificially age furniture with your own hands at home: a master class
Both layers should not cause sharp contrast, should be either light or dark. The first layer is applied along the fibers, and after drying, they begin to apply the second. The work is done carefully.
Aging of a tree can be accomplished using sanding. This will require sandpaper of varying degrees of fineness. You should start by applying the smallest one to get a better result. It is necessary to achieve such a result, in which the lower layers of paint will protrude a little, and in some places the base of wood will be visible. For a similar purpose, you can take fine sand. For the best effect, it is necessary to ensure that scuffs mimic natural aging. Best if they go from the edges. After sanding, the surface must be cleaned, for which a brush or vacuum cleaner is needed.
The dry brush method is to apply paint with a dry brush or sponge.
The next step in this method is to use a dry brush that has sufficient stiffness and a suitable paint color. If previously light paint was used for the base layer, you need to take black, burgundy or brown. If dark paint was chosen for the base layer, then in this case beige, yellow or white is suitable. The brush should be lowered a little into the paint, after which apply color in one direction with long strips.
Care must be taken to avoid crossing or overlapping bands.
In addition, one should not try to color the bottom layer completely, since thin separate lines should be obtained from the bristles of the brush. After completing the work, you need to draw on a still-dried paint with a woven napkin. This is necessary to blur the picture, but you can do without it, since saving the picture is quite appropriate.
The final step is to apply the varnish to a dried surface. Application of varnish is carried out in one or two layers. As a result, the desired result will be achieved, and such processing will last quite a long time.
How to age furniture do it yourself
At one time we painted the inside of the box with the same composition.
Then we covered the rest with two layers of semi-gloss white paint intended for interior woodwork.
However, we need to slightly soften the bright white color, which will stand out too much in the sophisticated interiors of Shabby Chic, and in a rude rustic design.
In order to age a newly painted interior item, it should be carefully treated with sandpaper. First of all, you should rub the edges of the false drawers or other convex details: the naked corners emphasize the structure of the furniture, giving it expressiveness.
Then, in a similar manner, all the edges of the table are processed, as well as its legs.
And now the crucial moment is coming: brew two cups of coffee. You can drink one of them yourself, but the second is for your table.
Pour most of the coffee onto the interior and spread it over the entire surface with a brush. We give a guarantee - the radiant white color in an instant will be replaced by a noble cream shade.
However, this is not all: to ensure that the furniture does not differ from the antique, thoroughly moisten the sponge with the remaining coffee and wipe all the cleaned edges properly. The liquid must penetrate deeply into the tree, which will take an old look.
Coffee grounds must be completely removed, and two additional layers of protective coating should be applied to the surface of the table.
As you can see, it’s possible to age furniture with your own hands quickly and easily, the same method applies to a chest of drawers made of natural wood, bookshelves and other interior items.
Posted by: Anna Belaya
Posted by: admin | Views: 7298
4 easy ways to age furniture yourself
- What makes people want to age furniture
- Furniture preparation
- How to age furniture using paints and craquelure
- How to age furniture using stain
- How to age furniture with brushing
- How to age furniture by applying a golden patina
Read this text from beginning to end, and you will learn several ways how to age furniture with your own hands. Why is this necessary? There are several reasons for this. About them below.
What makes people want to age furniture
- Like many - each for various reasons.
- Ideal to give your home a vintage, historical, Provencal style, as well as country and shabby chic.
- Gives a cheap item a rarity. Therefore, guests can always imagine it as expensive furniture and boast that it is in your apartment. Accordingly, this will increase your importance in the eyes of the guests.
And it is precisely the last point that pushes people who cannot afford to buy rare furniture to specially age the existing in the house. They are sure that in this way home furniture will look expensive. And they are right. They only face one problem when they try to age furniture with their own hands.
Since they don’t know the nuances of this process - they just read the aging technology briefly and that’s all - as a result they only spoil the products without achieving the desired result. And so as not to happen to you, read this article carefully. And you will learn 4 ways to age furniture with your own hands. But first…
Furniture must be prepared for artificial aging
And here is how to do it:
- Remove the pens and other accessories that are used for decoration.
- Remove all drawers and shelves. This is necessary so that every millimeter of the product is processed. So that nothing betrays the fact that this furniture is artificially aged.
- If the furniture is painted or varnished, then the paint or varnish must be removed. Use sandpaper for this.
If there is a stain layer under the varnish, partially remove the varnish. That is as much as possible.
Then do everything point by point
- Paint every piece of furniture with the primary color. Note that the surface must be dry and completely cleaned.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Apply a uniform layer of lighter paint on top.
- Again, wait until it dries.
- Sand the parts of the product where you want the primary color to appear. Sand until the top coat of lighter paint comes off.
- Shake off the furniture dust and varnish it.
If you will use craquelure, then before applying the second coat, treat the first with craquelure. As a result, the upper layer of lighter paint will crack, which will give a sophisticated and unusual look to your furniture.
How to age furniture using stain
- Treat the furniture with a stain.
- Wet the sponge in water and rinse the stain out in certain places. You can not wash off the stain with a sponge on bends, protrusions, edges and cracks. If you do not get the desired effect, then polish the product and try using a stain on a different basis. For example, based on Ligroin or White alcohol.
- Wait for the stain to dry and the moisture to evaporate.
- Take a brush and fill it with cracks and crevices with alkaline soil. Specialists advise using a different color of soil, so that the color of the product turns out to be deeper and more spectacular.
- Rub the antique wax with a steel washcloth. Movements should be directed along the fibers.
If you want the surface of the product to become dull, carefully rub it with a soft cloth.
Share in social. networks:
Antique and antique products give the interior sophistication, chic, luxury and a special look. At the time of our grandmothers, we carefully tried to disguise scratches and abrasions on the furniture so as not to give out her age. It was unlikely that anyone at that time knew that peeling paint would become the main trend in interior design, and many of us would think about how to age furniture at home to give the room a vintage look. Artificially aged wardrobe or chest of drawers gives the room an original style, character, personality, both in a modern apartment and in the interior in the style of Country, Provence or Shabby Chic. Today we will tell you how to age a cabinet with your own hands, so that it looks really beautiful and expensive. Indeed, for the result to be amazing, you need to know a lot of nuances. This is what we will talk about below.
How to give the furniture an old look?
Not every tree species can be given a spectacular appearance by aging. For antique decor elements, usually breed of high and medium softness, having an uneven density of fibers. Most conifers are perfect for this purpose:
From hardwoods choose:
Important! It should be noted that not all furniture is made of wood suitable for aging and brushing. In some cases, it is better to open the main parts with a moderately dark varnish and use overhead aged decors.
If the wood is suitable for quality, then it must be prepared for the process: lighten, remove all paints and varnishes and clean from greasy dirt and stains. To make it easier for you to perceive the whole process of “artificial aging”, we divided it into stages. Choose a simple wooden product for the experiment, be patient and follow our recommendations.
Stage number 1. Preparatory
To prepare the furniture for the aging process, follow these steps:
- Remove all handles and protruding decor elements.
- Free all drawers of the cabinet (chest of drawers) from things and fully pull them out.
- Remove old paint or varnish from the surface of the furniture until the texture appears with sandpaper.
Important! When removing old paints and varnishes, use a respirator to protect the respiratory system from dust.
- Wash too greasy areas of furniture with a solution of laundry soap.
- Dry the surface thoroughly.
Important! Polishing from old furniture can be removed manually or using special chemicals. Small cracks, crevices and other defects of the tree that appear do not need to be masked with putty. They will give a special flavor and emphasize the effect of aging.
For work, it is necessary to prepare special tools. For the procedure of painting and aging of wood you will need:
- Special paint for wood.
- Paint roller.
- Sandpaper, steel wool.
- Craquelure varnish.
- Sticky gauze or napkin.
- For home creative use, special chalk paints for wood are produced. The most suitable for beginners are Autentico or Annie Sloan.
Important! Chalk paints have a rich palette of shades, including blurry and imitating antiquities. Such paints are very convenient to use, they are applied immediately to the surface without additional primer treatment.
- If you decide to use regular water-based matte paints, you will need to pre-coat the wood surface with a water-soluble product. This is necessary for the best adhesion of the paint to the surface of the product and for the formation of a barrier against the penetration of oils from wood on the coating of the main paint.
There are about 10 basic ways to artificially age a tree. Each method is based on a specific technology and requires its own skills. Consider the simplest methods that can be applied at home.
Stage number 2. Choosing a way to age furniture
In order to age a wooden product, there are the following ways:
- Give the effect of peeling paint. For this, two shades of paint are used, one of which will be seen through cracks in another type of coating. The product will look as if it has been repainted repeatedly.
- Create abrasions on the product. When using this method, only one coat of paint is used.
- Brush or create a raised surface. The main work is carried out with metal brushes. The roughness and thickness of the brush pile is selected in proportion to the hardness of the tree species.
- Drawing a golden web. This method is quite simple to use and will appeal to everyone who admires the sophisticated and antique furniture. With it, you can quickly age furniture. It is only necessary to paint the product in the desired color (which you like), use a sponge to apply a golden color on an acrylic base. After the paint dries, the surface is varnished.
A way to help give your furniture a shabby look.
Step-by-step instructions on how to age furniture at home:
- Sand the product lightly.
- Wipe the subject with sticky gauze to remove the smallest particles of wood.
- Apply a base coat of paint (main). Paint with a paint roller. Start work from the back or inconspicuous sections of furniture to understand what shade the paint gives, how much it needs to be typed on the roller.
- Let the product dry well.
- Rub with a wax candle those areas of the surface of the product where you want the visible color to be visible.
- Apply a top coat of paint in a different shade (lighter).
- Let the product dry thoroughly.
- Wipe the areas where you applied wax with steel wool.
- On the corners, legs, horizontal surfaces and in places where hands touch, sand the paint to create the effect of a bare tree.
- Wipe the furniture with a sticky cloth and apply varnish if necessary.
- Chic antique furniture is ready.
Important! To make the result more interesting, we advise you to take note of the following recommendations:
- Before the dyeing process, cover the work area with newspapers or polyethylene. If possible, work outdoors for convenience and safety.
- During painting, roll the roller wide so that there are no drips. Если потеки все же образовались, то зачистите их наждачной бумагой, а затем нанесите второй слой краски.
- Чтобы валик в перерывах процесса покраски не высыхал, опустите его в емкость с водой.
- Наиболее простой способ состаривания мебели — нанесение одного слоя краски, через который будет проступать текстура древесины и ее натуральный рисунок. The surface will look uneven and shabby.
A method that involves the use of craquelure for the effect of cracking of the paint layer
A grid of cracks can be obtained using special craquelure varnishes. With artificial aging, there are 2 ways to use craquelure:
- One step. In one-step, two layers of paint of contrasting colors are applied with an intermediate layer of craquelure varnish and drying. The upper layer of paint is cracked, as a result - the lower layer is exposed.
- Two-step craquelure. Two types of craquelure composition are applied with intermediate drying. After the top layer is cracked, dry pigments are rubbed into the cracks.
Important! This method is more time-consuming and is mainly used in arts and crafts and painting.
Step by step instructions for using paint and craquelure:
- Pick up paint of 2 colors - the main tone and lighter. For example, if you take contrasting colors: black and white, you get the effect of fading.
- Paint every detail of the design with the primary color.
- Wait for the paint to dry completely.
- Apply paint in a lighter tone.
- Wait for the paint coat to dry.
- Shake off the furniture dust and cover it with craquelure. The upper layer of paint of lighter tones will begin to crack, and the product will look as if it was painted more than once.
Important! To make the main color appear more saturated, carefully process the necessary parts of the product with sandpaper.
Brushing. Create a relief surface
This method can be used both separately and together with the other options listed above. For example, you can initially brush the surface, and then use a stain, paint or varnish.
Important! The process is based on a simple principle - soft wood fibers are removed using metal brushes, then holes are made using a drill or chisel, resembling wormholes. This must be done carefully so that the furniture remains as strong as ever.
Use this method for items made from the following types of wood:
To better understand this process, we recommend that you follow the instructions:
- Choose the softest layers of wood between hard fibers. To do this: consider a cross-section of the subject, thin hard fibers will alternate with wide soft ones. Only flat sections of the front of the furniture are aged.
- Pick up a metal brush - steel or brass. Brush roughness and pile thickness should be commensurate with the hardness of the wood species.
- Take a brush and treat the surface along the fibers. If you process the tree in the transverse direction, then dashes may remain on solid fibers, which will not look quite appropriate. Pull the brush along the entire workpiece with the middle clamp evenly. During processing, soft fibers inside the tree growth rings are easily erased, while knots and hard fibers remain. As a result, a microrelief is created on the surface.
Important! It is very important to stop in time during surface treatment. Relief should not be very pronounced. The optimal furrow depth is not more than 2 mm.
- Treat the surface with a nylon or sezal brush-brush. Their pile contains abrasive particles. When aging in natural conditions, the tree becomes smooth and pleasant to the touch, and after brushing there are burrs and a large number of thin rags that must be removed.
- Treat the wood with a fine sandpaper or synthetic brush. The wood will become more textured and the roughness inside the furrows will disappear.
- To completely smooth the relief, use fine abrasive powder or steel wool. Rub the wood with the selected product to a shine.
- Polish the surface with felt with a colorless abrasive paste applied to it. You can also use a nylon-skin on a foam base for polishing.
Important! All work on grinding and wood processing is carried out with gloves and a respirator so as not to breathe wood dust and not impose a splinter.
Varnish, stain or paint
After you have finished invoicing, proceed to the second stage - surface tinting.
Here are just a few recommendations on the use of materials with which you can age furniture at home:
- The easiest option is to open the surface with colorless varnish. Perform the procedure several times to protect against rot and dirt.
- A more pronounced effect of aging can be obtained by opening the tree with a stain. Select the depth of the material according to the type of wood. Thus, you will give the necessary contrast for the protruding grooves and ribs.
- To enhance the effect, wipe the stain immediately after application. Soft fibers absorb material more than hard ones, therefore they will be painted in a darker shade.
- If you thickly apply an opaque acrylic varnish with a brush, and then wipe it with a dry rag across the fibers, then it will remain only in deep veins. Coat solid fibers with dark polyurethane varnish using the swab method.
- If you want to make the tree gray, then use the remains of steel wool. Soak them in a cleaning solution containing hydrochloric acid for several hours to remove scale and limestone. Apply the liquid with a foam swab to the surface, wipe off any excess immediately, and dry the product at room temperature.
- Brushed wood can be patinated. Such furniture looks very impressive. For this procedure:
- Open the textured surface with one or two layers of varnish.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the surface.
- Apply copper foil.
- Remove excess with fine sandpaper.
- After the strips of copper remain only on the protruding solid fibers, wipe them with an etching chemical agent, lightly blow over with a gas burner.
Important! Here are a few additional tips to help you do all the work efficiently and beautifully, effectively age the furniture at home:
- A very high-quality and quick result of the selection of the texture is obtained by burning wood. In addition, under the influence of fire, the tree favorably changes color.
- For final processing, we recommend using a rotary grinder. Move the working part in a circle so as not to leave noticeable scratches.
- You can achieve the effect of patina with a special varnish containing metallized particles. Apply the composition with a wide fan, and rotate the workpiece at a slight angle.
Stage number 4. Final
The processed product must always be protected from all kinds of damage, thereby increasing its life. To do this, use the following materials:
- Wax for wood. It can be dark or transparent. Apply wax to furniture with a foam sponge or a lint-free smooth cloth.
- Protective varnish. It is better to use a matte acrylic varnish for wood.
And to complete the stage of artificial aging of furniture, update the furniture and complement the furniture with unusual accessories. Use a variety of vintage pens or hooks, other decorations.
Some subtleties of the procedure of aging furniture
Above, we talked about how to age furniture at home, and finally a few recommendations:
- It is best to focus on 4 different colors when painting. For example, the basic one is white, two bright shades and gray paint.
- Follow proper drying technology. Do not apply a new coat of paint unless the previous one is dry. It is best if the paint dries in natural conditions.
- Those areas that should look more shabby and old, rub with paraffin. Due to this, the paint will depart better.
- To create a worn effect, use a sponge to apply paint.
- If you use ordinary bitumen varnish as a patina, you can reduce the cost of the aging process.
- For the final effect of aging, 3-5 layers of paint are sufficient, no more.
- After drying all the layers of paint, sand the structure to clean it from excess layers of paint.
- To create the effect of volume and texture, as well as to achieve a certain relief, you can use putty. It is best applied with a gloved finger.
In publication Updating old furniture. Coloring: Decorating ideas for inspiration it was said that the easiest way to update boring furniture is to color it. One of the options is painting "antique". To understand how to do this, imagine what an old cabinet, chest of drawers or sideboard looks like previously painted.
Old paint on furniture
Approximately, as in the photo above: over time, a layer of paint in some places peeled off, wiped off and cracked.
Inspect carefully updated item. Where will the paint most be erased? Where the main load falls on it, in places where the object is most touched by hands or it is most often subjected to friction: at corners and faces, on the protruding relief of the thread, near the handles. If there is a horizontal surface (countertop), it will be worn where the person rests on it, sitting at the table or working.
Having determined the places of future "scuffs", we can proceed to their creation. But first you need to do the preparatory work described in the publication Coloring: preparatory work. To create decorative scuffs, you need at least 2 shades: the color of the base and the top layer.
The choice of color combinations opens up a wide field for experiments. The most traditional solution is “dark bottom, light top”: the base is made darker, and shades of white, cream, pastel colors are used for the surface layer. But this is not the rule, choose shades to your liking.
If the furniture is made of real wood, then the dark texture of wood can become the base color, then you only need to choose the color of the paint for the finish. By the way, dark lacquered furniture of the Soviet era is quite suitable as a base. It is only necessary to remove the varnish gloss to improve adhesion (adhesion). If the furniture is not wooden, you complemented it with non-wooden parts or its natural color does not fit your idea, first paint the furniture in the base color.
The base can be any color
To accelerate the aging process, it is necessary that the paint in the places of the intended scuffs does not adhere well. Most often, a wax or paraffin coating is used for this. You can simply rub the selected places with a candle or melt the paraffin and apply it with a brush.
Now is the time to cover with a top coat of paint. After it is completely dry, use a rag to remove it in places covered with wax: it does not adhere well due to the wax coating, it will open the lower color.
Badly adhered due to the wax coating, it will open the bottom color
A more time consuming option is a multilayer coating. This is an imitation of a very old thing, repeatedly repainted. The technology is the same: we paint it in the base color, apply wax, paint it with a second layer of a different color, put the wax again in the right places and cover it with another layer - again a different color. After drying, remove excess paint.
Decorative scuffs on furniture can be made without wax. We tint the tree with a stain, and then paint. After the paint dries, we take an abrasive skin and remove the excess - we process the painted surface until the desired result is achieved.
Remove excess paint with a sandpaper
After polishing, the surface should be coated with transparent varnish for fixing, because the paint layer is broken by the abrasive. Please note: stain and paint should have the same composition. For example, for water-based paints, choose a water stain.
Another way to add years to a table or chair with paint is to imitate old dirt. It is no secret that from prolonged use, pollution accumulates on the surface. Traces of "long operation" can be drawn in two ways.
- Lessing Coatings
Azure will remain in the recesses, emphasizing irregularities. Such a coating looks most impressive on reliefs or textured surfaces.
The combination of base paint and glaze can be infinitely varied. Translucent coatings come in different colors, as well as mother-of-pearl or with metallic shades. Or, conversely, you can paint the object with a paint that simulates bronze, gold, copper or silver and use a dark glaze. The result is a surface of “old bronze”, “patinated copper” or “scarlet silver” (depending on the color of the base).
- Dry brush painting
Dry brush painting. Photo from nashaotdelka.ru
We take a brush, dip it in paint, and then remove the excess part - we wipe the brush on paper or a rag until it becomes almost dry. Now we apply tint smears with it in those places where dirt accumulates under natural conditions - in the recesses, seams. Make sure that the strokes are natural - in the direction of the wood fibers.
In this way, you can simulate scuffs. Only in this case, tinting strokes of glare, on the contrary, are applied to the protruding parts - where it rubs more.
This method is more suitable not for remaking old furniture, but for painting “antique” new. The stain is applied to the surface of the wood, and then, until the coating is still dry, the excess is erased with a rag.
Stain emphasizes wood texture
Softer areas of wood will absorb the coloring composition, and it will be erased from the dense. The operation can be repeated if the result is not satisfactory. Try to use stains of different colors, only before coating the finished product, experiment on an unnecessary piece of wood or where it will not be visible.
After the treated surface dries, you can additionally cover the furniture with a pearl glaze coating. Well, treat with clear varnish to protect the decorative layer.
Methods of artificial aging with paint also include craquelure and gilding. And you can age the surface of wooden furniture by brushing and firing. But more about that in one of the following materials.
So what is brushing?
This is the process when you remove soft wood fibers, leaving only hard ones.
Soft fibers must be removed using special metal brushes. Then take a chisel or drill and do something with them like wormholes in certain parts of the product.
The main thing here is not to overdo it, otherwise, due to the abundance of wormholes, the furniture will cease to be durable.
This method will not work if the furniture is made of:
But brushing is an ideal way to age if furniture from:
How to age furniture
And here is what you need to do:
- Paint the product in your favorite color and wait for the paint to dry.
- Apply a gold-colored acrylic paint to the furniture surface with a sponge. Wait for it to dry.
- Coat the surface with varnish.
As a result, not only get furniture with the effect of antiquity, but also turn it into a luxurious attribute of the home.
These are simple ways. Use them if you want to plunge into the old days, to feel how our ancestors lived, or just to brag to your friends that you have antique furniture. And what’s nice - you won’t spend a fortune on this.
First of all, it is worth picking up an interior item that you would like to see in your room. It is best to give preference to a non-standard model, but you can also take ordinary furniture.
The first stage is preparation
If we talk about how to make aged furniture with your own hands, then you need to start with the fact that the first thing you need to prepare the product for this procedure.
To do this:
- remove all pens, as well as other decorative elements from the product to be processed,
- then release all drawers of the chest of drawers or the cabinet, they should also be fully pulled out,
- remove all paint or varnish that is on the subject,
- if the surface was treated with a stain before applying varnish, then, of course, the entire coat of paint cannot be removed, in which case we remove as much varnish as possible.
In order to really age old furniture with your own hands, you should start with preliminary preparation of the product for this procedure, for this, of course, you need to empty all the drawers, otherwise it will be clear in the end that these are not antique products, any master class says this.
In addition to all of the above, certain materials should be prepared in advance, which are used to implement the procedure of artificial aging of furniture. It:
- water based paint
- special devices that are used for direct cleaning of furniture,
- кисти, которые будут использоваться в работе,
- лак кракелюрный.
Выделяют около 10 основных способов искусственного состаривания мебели. Каждый из которых основывается на определенной технологии.
Способ, который предполагает использование краски и кракелюра
На заметку! If you use paints or craquelure in your work, then the result will look like shabby and very shabby furniture.
True, for this, first of all, it is necessary to choose a paint of lighter tones and a basic tone. And just due to the paint of lighter tones you can achieve the desired result. The result is furniture with a fading effect. Suppose, if you take a black paint and paint it with a product, and then cover it with white, you get exactly this effect.
After the paint is selected, proceed to the next step, namely:
- we paint every detail of the structure, while taking into account that the surface must be perfectly dry and cleaned,
- then you need to wait until the paint is completely dry,
- each time you need to apply a lighter color paint on top,
- after this, wait again until the paint dries.
Advice! By the way, in order for the main color to appear more saturated, you just need to carefully process these parts of the product with sandpaper.
After all the above steps are completed, you just need to dust off the furniture and varnish it.
In those situations where craquelure is used, it is necessary to apply it after the second coat of paint. It is in this case, the upper layer of paint lighter tones will begin to crack. This secret will help you achieve a sophisticated and sophisticated look.
Of course, the aged wood furniture with your own hands will look very stylish and luxurious. Of course, if all the recommendations are followed correctly.
A method that involves the use of paint
Let's say you can use a stain. In this case, you should wet the sponge in water and with its help in certain places wash off this stain. By the way, it should be remembered that it is not necessary to wash off the stain on the edges, cracks, protrusions and bends of the product. If after that it was not possible to achieve the desired result, you can simply polish the surface, then use a stain. Only in the latter case, the stain should already be on a different basis, for example, on Ligroin or on the White Spirit.
Experts also recommend that after the above procedure, be sure to wait until the stain is completely dry and all the moisture evaporates.
After all the procedures that were described above, you need to take a brush and fill it with cracks and crevices with it. For this, alkaline soil is quite suitable. In this case, there are also some tips, for example, it is best to use soil of different colors, in which case, as a result, the color will turn out to be even more saturated and very deep.
Next comes the turn of the washcloth made of steel and antique wax. In this case, the movements of the master should be directed along the fibers. If you want to make the surface matte, you can simply wipe it with a soft cloth.