If by nature all people had the same data, then many professions would simply have sunk into oblivion. For example, masters of manicure. Most girls who take care of themselves often build up their nails, making them stronger and more beautiful. But how to remove acrylic nails at home, if there is no opportunity or desire to contact the master? We will talk about this in this article.
Materials for nail extension
A few years ago, it was possible to strengthen the nail only thanks to overhead. If the girl’s nails were naturally brittle and layered, then nothing could be done - except to look after them with a double dose of effort.
But such material as acrylic made a real revolution in the world of manicure. At first, acrylic paints for nails were practiced, the drawings turned out to be much brighter and more voluminous than those made with ordinary varnish. Later, the masters began to build nails with acrylic. This material turned out to be a real find for those young ladies whom nature has deprived with strong claws. And how good are acrylic nails? Photos demonstrate absolute naturalness and naturalness, and in addition, their own nails are strengthened by several times when worn. But there is one “but” that overshadows the procedure for such a manicure. Having made nails in a beauty salon, then you will have to return there - already to remove acrylic nails.
How to remove acrylic nails at home?
If you ask any manicurist if you can remove your nails yourself, he will tell you: "No!" And categorically forbids even trying to do it at home.
Still would! After all, on how to save a girl from such a manicure, the master will earn no less than nail extensions. In addition, this attitude can also be explained by customer care: acrylic is a strong material, it is simply impossible to remove it without damaging the nail. That is, this is true if you do not know how to shoot. A step-by-step description of the procedure will enlighten you and make the guru independently remove acrylic nails.
Why remove acrylic nails at home?
To some, the topic of self-disposal of acrylic nails will seem wild - why reinvent the wheel? After all, you can go to a beauty salon, and the master in half an hour will not only save you from the extended nails, but also put your own in order.
The first reason is the desire to save. You can get rid of nails yourself for free, but in a beauty salon you have to pay: at least 400-500 rubles in Russia and more than 150 hryvnias in major cities of Ukraine.
The second reason is the inability to visit a beauty salon. Imagine that you are tired of extended nails, but every day is painted literally by the hour, and for a manicurist there simply is no place in it. In addition, these masters are also moody - it doesn’t work, it’s a lot of customers, it takes only in the morning, at an uncomfortable time for you. In order not to depend on someone, there should be a fallback.
And finally, the third option - the inability to contact the master. Suppose you came to relax in the forest or the sea, and for the next hundred kilometers there are simply no beauty salons. If the nails have grown enough, then walking with the extensions is simply indecent, and they must be removed.
Preparation for the procedure
Before removing acrylic nails at home, stock up on the necessary materials.
- Solvent. The ideal option is to purchase a special fluid that acts on the acrylic coating of nails. But if you do not have the opportunity to purchase such a solvent, then you can completely do with a nail polish remover. An important point - in such a tool must be present acetone!
- Cotton sponges. Each sponge cut with scissors into pieces that are suitable in order to close the nail plate.
- Foil - you can use ordinary food. In size, it should be about 2-3 centimeters by 5-6.
- Nail file.
- Nippers. The salon uses special tip cutters, but you can get along with strong steel scissors.
- A caring cream for hands and nails, special oil, a nail file for polishing nails (or a piece of suede) - for care after removing the manicure.
Getting to the procedure
So, how to remove acrylic nails at home? First, cut off the overgrown piece of acrylic nail with forceps. Remember that this material is very hard and elastic. If you do not act carefully, you can please a piece of acrylic in your eyes. In no case do not rush, and even better - put on transparent glasses. The next part of the procedure is sawing off the finish, that is, the top shiny coating on the nail. The master puts this layer to fix the acrylic, and until you remove it, you will not dissolve the acrylic. Slowly file away the finish from each nail, without this layer the nail will look rough.
When the finish is sawn, you can start removing the nails. If you have a special solvent, then you just wash off the acrylic from the nails. You will have to tinker with acetone, and here's how to proceed:
- Wet the abundantly cut sponges with acetone.
- Attach the sponge to the nail and immediately wrap it with foil - without this trick, the acetone will evaporate very quickly.
- Leave the nails under acetone for 30 minutes. During this time, acrylic softens and turns into a jelly-like substance.
- Open each nail alternately and quickly, using a sharp nail file, pick up a softened acrylic, it will be removed easily and quickly.
- If acrylic pieces remain, wipe the nail with acetone, and then sand it.
- Wash your hands and lubricate well with a nourishing and moisturizing cream. This is a very important stage of the procedure. Masters in the cabin give him at least 10-15 minutes.
No need to tell how acetone adversely affects the structure of the nail, and therefore, after exposure to this aggressive substance, you need to not only polish your nails, but also lubricate them with cream or special oil. That's all, the nails are removed! You can do a new manicure or give the nails a "rest".
Acrylic nail removal: reviews
As most girls admit, the same mistake is most often made - when a native nail grows, it seems that acrylic is very simple to remove: pick it up and that’s it. This is an illusion! Acrylic is very firmly adhered to your native nail, and otherwise it cannot be removed by dissolving it. Therefore, in no case do not try to tear off the material, as you will tear a piece of your fingernail. You can remove acrylic only in the above way or in the cabin.
And what do girls who have already tried to remove their nails on their own with acetone say? Reviews indicate that the procedure is simple. Most girls managed to get rid of acrylic at home the first time, without damaging their own nails.
How to remove acrylic nails at home
In order not to lose together with acrylic and their native marigolds, we recommend that you adhere to the following plan.
1. First you need to get rid of the length. Slowly and carefully, trying not to touch the sensitive skin under the nail, cut off its edge with nippers. You can use manicure scissors if they are strong enough.
After you cut your nails, take a stiff file and begin to remove excess edges. Be careful: your goal is to remove only the acrylic layer, and not your own nails.
2. In no case do not try to just tear off acrylic, if you do not want to lose your own nail plate! In professional nail salons, the material is removed using a special solution, which can be purchased in the salon itself. If you don’t have such a solution, then ordinary acetone may work.
Do not forget that both acrylic and acetone are harmful to the human body, and even more so they are unsafe if combined.
To protect your finger skin from harmful chemical effects, apply a thick layer of cream, oil or wax before the next step.
3. Having put a cotton pad moistened with acetone to the nail, wrap the finger with foil or use a rubber fingertip and try not to inhale harmful fumes.
4. Do the same with the remaining fingers, and then leave for ten to fifteen minutes. If you did everything correctly, then after the specified time, acrylic, softened, will begin to move away from the nail itself.
You can help yourself with a wooden stick or a toothpick, but do not forget about caution. If you do not have enough experience, we do not recommend using iron files and metal objects in general when removing nails: they can scratch you or deform the nail plate.
5. The removal of the acrylic layer must be carried out quickly before it has time to harden. If the material has not completely softened, repeat the step with acetone, or wait until it hardens and cut off the excess.
6. After you have completed the procedure for removing acrylic with all the nails, the plate and skin will need to be processed. Make a vitamin bath with iodine and lemon juice.
Degrease the nails and apply a good firming agent to them: varnish, gel or cream. They must have a moisturizing and regenerating effect. You can buy such funds in a pharmacy, salon or cosmetics store. Apply a good oily cream to your hands.
Carefully following the points indicated by us above, you can safely remove the acrylic-extended nails at home, without resorting to the help of a manicurist.
But if you can afford to visit a good and proven salon of manicure, then we still recommend removing acrylic nails there. So it is less likely that you will be left with weak nails and skin lesions.
And skilled workers will help you with invaluable tips on strengthening your nails and rejuvenating your skin. In addition, for the first time this is a good opportunity to observe the work of professionals, and only then you can confidently remove acrylic nails at home.
What is the acrylic coating removed?
Acrylic nails can be restored very easily, just “put a seal” on the damaged area. However, sooner or later, you want to update the manicure and remove the acrylic from the nails, because this type of extension offers a variety of designs: art painting, volumetric and aquarium design, as well as the usual ideas of manicure.
Acrylic is a thermoplastic powder obtained on the basis of methacrylic and acrylic acids, which, when mixed with a special reagent, form a rapidly hardening mass used for nail extension.
To remove acrylic from nails without special preparation is unrealistic. To do this, it is recommended to use a special fluid - a remover, which anyone can purchase at any specialized store, since such a fluid is available on the market. It is better to use a remover of the same brand as acrylic with which the nails are covered.
If it is not possible to purchase a special liquid, then you can use an acetone-based varnish remover. Also, to remove the acrylic coating, you will need cotton pads, small pieces of foil for each nail, cotton wool or soft tissue, a cosmetic bath or an ordinary bowl, a toothbrush, and a towel.
It will not be superfluous to protect the eyes if not with special, then with sunglasses, since the pieces of acrylic are very sharp and, if they get into the eyes, can seriously damage them.
Ways to remove acrylic from nails
First you need to remove the free part from each nail, then remove the top layer with a coarse hard file. It is difficult to completely erase it, for this it will take some effort. After removing the outer layer, you can use one of the following methods to remove the acrylic coating from the nail plate:
- The cotton pad is impregnated with a repair tape and applied to the nails, after which the cotton and fingertips are wrapped in foil so that air does not enter. The composition on the nails is aged for about 30-40 minutes until the acrylic coating is completely softened. Then the cotton wool with foil is removed and acrylic is removed from the nails with some sharp object, and this must be done very quickly, otherwise the mass may freeze again. Remains of the solution are removed with an old toothbrush.
- This method is slightly different from the previous one. In a special bath or, if none, in an ordinary deep and wide bowl, you need to pour the remover and lower your fingertips there so that the solution completely covers the nail plate, but does not touch the skin of the hands. Otherwise, the chemical composition can seriously damage the delicate skin of the fingers. Then cover your hands with a towel or soft cloth and wait at least half an hour. Softened acrylic is removed from the nails in the same manner as described in the previous method.
- This method of removing acrylic coatings from nails is very similar to the previous one, however, smaller dishes with hot water are placed in a vessel with a special softening liquid. The heated remover acts on the nail plate coated with acrylic, dissolving it more actively, more actively, which has a stronger effect. The waiting time is the same - 30-40 minutes, after which the remaining material is removed from the nails with a sharp object.
Any of these methods will help to remove the acrylic coating at home, without resorting to the help of a salon specialist.
If you place glass balls at the bottom of the vessel with the remover, the liquid level rises, which will reduce the flow rate of the solution.
The remaining small pieces of the hardened mass are removed from the surface of the nail plate with a cotton pad or a piece of soft tissue soaked in acetone-based nail polish remover. After the removal of acrylic from the nails is completely finished, you need to thoroughly wash your hands with running water and generously apply a nourishing cream to them.