If you want to have good health, provide proper protection to your lungs. Over time, mold and bacteria toxins can destroy lung health and even lead to inevitable diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Fortunately, there are many methods that can remove toxins from the lungs using natural remedies. If you want to breathe deeply, be sure to read this article.
Part 1 Improve Your General Health
- 1 Include antioxidant-rich foods in your diet. If you follow a healthy diet, you will improve lung health. Foods rich in antioxidants will greatly benefit your body. Antioxidants help increase lung capacity, which helps restore normal breathing.
- Blueberries, broccoli, spinach, grapes, sweet potatoes, green tea, and fish are high in antioxidants.
- 2 Go in for sports. Regular exercise improves lung function. Take time out for sports.
- Your goal is 30 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise (such as walking, swimming or playing golf), four to five times a week. OR
- At least 25 minutes of intense aerobic activity (e.g. jogging / running, cycling or playing basketball), three days a week.
- 3 Quit smoking. is a leading cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Smoking also causes emphysema and lung cancer. In addition, smoking can cause bronchitis, as a result of which it becomes difficult for a person to breathe.
- To ensure proper lung protection, do not use smokeless tobacco products such as chewing or snuff. Smokeless tobacco products increase the risk of developing oral cancer, gum disease, tooth decay, and pancreatic cancer.
- Electronic cigarettes also pose a risk to lung health. According to recent studies, some companies use diacetyl in the production of e-liquid. This chemical substance provokes the development of constrictive bronchiolitis.
- To clear your lungs of toxins, stop smoking and use smokeless tobacco products.
Part 2 Minimize Environmental Risk
- 1 Make sure that the room you are in is well ventilated. Keep your home or work in a well-ventilated area. If you work with substances hazardous to health, such as paint, chemicals intended for hair care, or you have to breathe dust at a construction site, use personal respiratory protection. For example, you can use a respirator.
- Keep ventilation openings and windows open. Due to this, fresh air will circulate in the room.
- If you work in a small room, wear a respirator.
- When working with chemicals such as bleach, be sure to open the windows, and also occasionally leave the room to breathe fresh air.
- Do not mix bleach with ammonia. Mixing bleach with ammonia leads to the formation of a toxic gas - chloramine, which damages the mucous membrane of the lungs.
- Do not use a wood burning fireplace or stove indoors. Very often, the air in the room where the above devices work is saturated with toxins.
- 2 Pay attention to sensitivity to plants. Some plants are more dangerous for people with allergies than others. Pollen released by plants spreads through the air, causing respiratory irritation. Observe your condition when you are in a room with indoor plants.
- 3 Use HEPA air filters. HEPA air purifiers that remove small particles of debris and allergens contribute to lung health.
- Ozone air purifiers are not highly efficient, slightly reducing the amount of allergens and other particles in the air. Their use can cause respiratory irritation.
Part 3 Breathe Right
- 1 Learn to breathe properly. If you learn to breathe correctly, then significantly improve lung health. This effect is due to the fact that with proper breathing involved almost full pulmonary volume. During breathing, the diaphragm contracts and falls down on inhalation, relaxing and rounding the abdominal muscles, and on exhaling, it moves upward, compressing the lungs, removing air from them, while the stomach is drawn in.
- Diaphragmatic breathing allows you to increase lung capacity and improve breathing power.
- 2 Measure the interval between inspiration and expiration. Inhale and exhale. Count how many seconds the interval between inhalation and exhalation lasts. Try to gradually increase the time between inhalation and exhalation.
- Do not hold your breath for too long. This can lead to brain hypoxia. As a result, you may feel dizzy or lose consciousness.
- 3 Watch your body position. Pay attention to how you are sitting or standing. Stand or sit with your back straight. This will make it easier for you to breathe.
- Perform exercises to increase lung capacity. Sit on a chair, keep your back straight, raise your hands above your head, while taking deep breaths.
Part 4 Explore Alternative Therapies
Be very careful. Some of the following tips do not have a solid, scientific, evidence base. Be sure to consult your doctor before starting treatment with alternative methods, as some herbs and minerals may interact with medications.
- 1 Include more oregano in your diet. Oregano contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid. Thanks to these substances, the beneficial properties of oregano can hardly be overestimated. Both of these substances have a decongestant effect, and also block histamine receptors in the body. Thanks to this, nasal congestion is reduced and the respiratory system improves.
- The essential oils contained in oregano (thymol and carvacrol) inhibit the growth of bacteria Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Oregano can be used both fresh and dried. Add two to three drops of oregano oil daily to milk or juice.
- 2 Do inhalation based on eucalyptus. Eucalyptus has an expectorant property. It is part of many cough syrups and lozenges. The cineol contained in eucalyptus reduces cough and nasal congestion, and also soothes the irritated mucous membrane of the nasal passages.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to hot water and inhale the vapor for 15 minutes.
- Note: Eucalyptus oil interacts poorly with certain drugs. Taking medications simultaneously with the use of eucalyptus oil can increase side effects, as well as enhance the effect of the medication. Therefore, before using eucalyptus oil, consult your doctor if you are taking medications.
- Such drugs include Voltaren, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Celebrex, Warfarin, Allegra and others.
- 3 Take a hot shower to empty your lungs. Hot steam in a sauna or shower stimulates the secretion of sweat glands, and also helps to remove toxic substances from the lungs.
- Be sure to drink water after you take a shower or steam in the sauna so that the body does not suffer from dehydration.
- Make sure that the bath and the water in it are clean. Thanks to this, you will prevent infection by infection. High temperatures promote bacterial growth. Most likely, you use chlorinated water, which has bactericidal properties. However, note that in hot water the bactericidal effect of chlorine is reduced. Although large amounts of chlorine may be present in water, it may not have the proper effect on pathogens.
- 4 Use peppermint to relax the smooth muscles of the respiratory system. The main component of peppermint oil is menthol, which has a calming and relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the respiratory tract. This makes breathing easier.
- Menthol contained in peppermint oil has a decongestant effect. Chew two or three leaves of peppermint, and you will see that it will become easier for you to breathe.
- Many people use healing balms for rubbing their breasts, as well as inhalers with menthol, which are very useful for the lungs.
- 5 Drink mullein tea. Mullein - an effective tool to remove excess mucus from the lungs, cleanse the bronchi and fight against inflammation of the respiratory system. An herbal extract is made from flowers and leaves of mullein to strengthen the lungs.
- Traditional healers use mullein to remove excess mucus from the lungs, cleanse the bronchi, and also to reduce inflammation in the airways.
- Make tea by pouring one teaspoon of dried herbs in a glass of boiling water.
- 6 Apply licorice root. Licorice root calms and softens the mucous membranes. In addition, licorice root reduces swelling, helps to thin the sputum and reduces cough.
- Licorice dilutes sputum in the respiratory tract and has expectorant properties.
- In addition, licorice root has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Therefore, it is a good tool to combat viral and bacterial infections.
- 7 Use ginger root. Ginger root is an excellent way to remove toxins from the lungs. According to studies, ginger can destroy the cells of some types of cancer, including lung cancer. Ginger inhibits growth and induces apoptosis of non-small cell lung cancer cells.
- Drinking ginger tea with lemon makes breathing easier.
- Raw or boiled ginger improves digestion.
72-hour lung detoxification
Currently, in a modern, toxin-filled world, one of the most common diseases that affects a large number of people is lung cancer. Abstinence from smoking helps to avoid many lung diseases. For this reason, cleansing the lungs from time to time could be a natural way to prevent lung diseases, from respiratory to very serious and dangerous.
Detoxification of the lungs is carried out in various ways, but not all of them provide a quick and lasting effect. We will tell you how to cleanse the lungs in three days, or rather in 72 hours.
Everyday step-by-step instructions on how to clean your lungs.
On the first day of cleansing the lungs, you need to drink a cup of herbal tea before bedtime to ease stools (ask for advice at the pharmacy). This will help free the body of toxins that have accumulated in the gastrointestinal tract and get rid of constipation. Also, lung cleansing eliminates the work requiring considerable effort. For a while, give up heavy physical labor.
Avoid dairy products as they contain enough of their own toxins. Therefore, the purification of the lungs must begin with the rejection of dairy products, at least for three days.
Follow these 5 steps every day for 3 days and you can cleanse your lungs.
Lung Cleansing: Step 5
Before going to bed, drink 400 ml of cranberry juice, which successfully fights infection and inflammatory processes in the lungs. It is known that cranberry juice destroys staphylococci, streptococci, E. coli. It is used for tuberculosis and even in the treatment of certain types of oncology.
Repeat all 5 steps for 3 days. And at the end of this time, you will definitely feel pleasant ease in your breath!
So, we talked about how to clean the lungs at home with natural products. Such detoxification with juices has a serious justification. Juices affect the body at the cellular level. They quickly set up our organs for healthy functioning. In addition, a rich vitamin composition, as well as contained macro- and microelements, bring great benefits to the body.
Important: before you start cleansing the lungs with juices, consult your doctor about possible contraindications.
How to clean your lungs with personal hygiene and physical activity
Physical activity improves a person’s quality of life. It is not only associated with a healthy heart or weight loss, but also helps keep your lungs healthy. Moderate physical activity has the most beneficial effect on the lungs.
In order for the lungs to exercise, physical activity should cause you a slight lack of air. Performing exercise also helps cleanse the body of toxins. But at the same time, significant physical exertion should be avoided.
Excellent lung cleansing occurs when performing breathing exercises “pranayama”. The lungs are well ventilated. Also, yogi breathing is a good prevention of respiratory diseases.
Purification of the lungs occurs during a stay in the steam room or during the inhalation process with essential oils. In a container with hot water for inhalation, add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Cover with a towel and breathe hot steam slowly and deeply for 5-10 minutes. Purification of the lungs by inhalation is best done before bedtime.
An effective cleansing procedure is a hot bath for detoxification. Irritation of the skin with hot water promotes the activation of physiological processes, accelerates the elimination of toxins from the body. But before taking hot baths, you need to familiarize yourself with the rules for their intake and contraindications.
Remember that detoxification is incompatible with smoking and alcohol!
Pulmonary cleansing should be carried out in combination with appropriate breathing exercises that help detoxification. Watch the next video and take a good breath!
Modern life is such that detoxification of the lungs is necessary for everyone. This is due to our sedentary lifestyle, poor ecology, unhealthy diet. As a result, the lungs accumulate toxins and mucus. They begin to cope poorly with their work, which negatively affects the functioning of the whole organism. Therefore, periodically cleanse the lungs. Do not put off lung cleansing for later! Take care of your health now and be healthy!
Why are toxins so harmful?
Toxins adversely affect all body systems. A toxic effect on the brain is expressed in a deterioration in memory and attention, mental imbalance, mood problems, headaches, dizziness, and loss of appetite. Exposure to the brain of toxic substances, such as alcohol, also leads to an accelerated decline in mental abilities.
Typically, toxins penetrate the skin, for example, when rubbing creams, with food and drinks, with air when breathing. The following is a list through which you can understand if you are at risk of exposure to toxic substances:
Toxins that can enter through food or through the skin:
- Contaminated water (including arsenic and lead).
- Bisphenol A - found in plastic, food and beverage packaging, dental fillings, and even on the cover of cash receipts.
- Polychlorobiphenyls - found in dyes, plastics, and rubber products.
- Heavy metals such as:
Mercury: found in “amalgam” dental fillings (which are 50% mercury), in fish that lives in contaminated water bodies, with pollution spreads everywhere in the environment.
Lead: found in contaminated drinking water and soil, paints, dyes, lead pipes, aviation fuel.
Cadmium: found in soil treated with synthetic fertilizers or contaminated with industrial waste.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, and certain prescription drugs.
- Many painkillers, especially prescription opioids and other psychoactive substances, as well as benzodiazepines, are often prescribed for insomnia and anxiety.
- Chemotherapy can cause a state of “chemical brain” in which cognitive function is suppressed.
- In some people, general anesthesia can lead to long-term memory loss.
- Artificial food colors and preservatives, including bromates, nitrites and nitrates (in meat products), tartrazine (can cause asthma), monosodium glutamate, red dye E129 and other dyes labeled "E". Artificial sweeteners can have aspartame, saccharin and sucralose. The body is often not able to neutralize artificially obtained substances that are not found in nature.
- Herbicides, such as glyphosate (the active ingredient of many weed control products, residual concentrations of which are present in genetically modified crops).
- Pesticides, including organochlorine and organophosphorus, many of which are powerful neurotoxins.
- Яблоки, обработанные дифениламином (используется, чтобы предотвратить потемнение кожицы плода).
- Products made on plastic equipment, plasticizer leakage.
Toxins that can be ingested by inhalation:
- Industrial and household air pollutants,
- Smoke from cigarettes, tobacco, vape inhalers (including second-hand smoke). All hot gases entering the lungs are toxic,
- Car exhaust - carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, various solid microscopic particles,
- Smoke during welding,
- Smoke from a bonfire or fireplace
- Vapors from paints and solvents.
How does body cleansing work?
When detoxifying, the blood and liver, which are responsible for removing harmful substances from the body, are first cleaned up. In addition, toxins are excreted through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. When the body's cleansing system is damaged, harmful substances are not properly filtered, which adversely affects health. Cleansing the body works because it acts on the level of individual cells - the smallest units of human life.
The detox program helps to start the natural process of cleansing the body:
- Relieves organs through fasting,
- It stimulates the liver to eliminate toxins,
- It activates the elimination of toxins through the intestines, kidneys and skin,
- Improves blood circulation,
- Saturates the body with valuable nutrients.
How to start cleansing the body?
First of all, reduce your toxin intake. Avoid alcoholic beverages, coffee, tobacco, white sugar, saturated fats, which clog the body with toxins and interfere with recovery. If possible, also replace harmful household chemicals and hygiene products (soap, shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes) with natural cosmetics.
Another health hazard is stress, which triggers the release of stress hormones into the bloodstream. "Adrenaline surge" may help you win the competition or catch the deadline, but in large quantities these hormones form toxins and inhibit the work of liver cleansing enzymes. Qigong, yoga and meditation will help you cope with stress. These practices allow you to relax your mind and body, take a break from the inevitable anxieties of life.