Homemade oil is, first of all, a natural product that you will not find on store shelves. Manufacturers can make high-quality oil, but they are not forbidden to add dyes, preservatives, emulsifiers and other substances.
You can make butter from cream at home in 10 minutes, without putting effort. To prepare a useful product, you need 300 ml of cream, the output will be approximately 80-100 grams of oil. Let's look at the recipe in stages:
- Preparation of the ingredients. Remove cream from homemade fat milk using a mini scoop or regular tablespoon. Pour the cream into a half-liter jar, but the cream should occupy no more than two-thirds of the capacity. Close the jar.
- The formation of a piece. Start whipping oil: to do this, turn the container so that the liquid inside hits alternately on the bottom and lid. The whipping process takes up to 10 minutes, it is necessary to stop the procedure when the pieces of oil on the glass are formed. The result should be a piece of cream product.
- Washing the oil. Empty the can and rinse the oil with cold water until the water becomes clear.
- Salt the oil slightly, wrap it in foil and put in the refrigerator - this will keep it longer.
Please note: skim milk must be at room temperature. If you whip warm cream, the oil will turn out to be liquid, cold, in turn, will whip for a long time.
Whipping oil at home, you may encounter the following problems:
- Sour taste. If the butter does not have a fresh taste, there is only one reason - the milk turned out to be overexposed before collecting the cream,
- Soft butter. Wrong cream temperature selected,
- Liquid is released. Poorly squeezed or absorbed salt unevenly.
Advice! Buttermilk is ideal for baking or making ricotta cheese.
Churn to help
Not everyone succeeds in whipping a natural product on their own, but butter in an oil mill is a win-win option. For cooking you will need:
- Cream. The main ingredient that needs to stand in coolness for several days, but no more than 72 hours.
- Separator. With this device, cream is separated from milk, you can use both manual and automatic.
- Churn. Homemade butter in the churn turns out to be resilient, tasty and tender.
Separate the cream from the milk using a separator, let them settle, then pour into the churn and turn it on. After half an hour, the oil will be ready. After whipping, it is not recommended to immediately take out the oil, you need to leave it for several minutes so that the buttermilk has time to drain. It is better to rinse the resulting product with milk so that the taste is not lost.
Capping utensils should be dry and clean, rubbed with salt inside. For long-term storage, the butter is melted in a cast iron bowl and the resulting foam is removed with a wooden spoon. When the oil has become clear - this is the final sign of readiness.
Goat milk oil
Many goat growers are wondering: "How to make butter from goat milk." It's no secret that not everyone succeeds in knocking butter from goat's milk. The problem is that it settles for a long time and it is difficult to get sour cream from it. Experienced goat breeders in spite of everything have developed a driving method.
First, boil the milk well after milking, make it cool and two days later cream should form, from which the butter is whipped.
In our online store there is a churn for butter, which you can buy at an attractive price on favorable terms. When we are asked the question: “How to make butter?”, We answer with confidence “very simply, if you have churn” on hand. Checkout is carried out in a few clicks, delivery is carried out in any convenient way. Also here you will find other interesting products.