The responsibilities of every gamer include the proper handling of the platform. Dashboard for Xbox 360 is the most important component, without which it is impossible to start the console. Also, in some games, a mandatory update is provided, without which it will not be possible to play. It is worth noting that if you decide to upgrade, get ready for the fact that the LT firmware will probably crash if it was installed earlier.
Xbox 360 update?
Updating occurs using the Web. But if you do not have access to the Internet, but there is a disc with the game, you have the opportunity to both update the Xbox 360 and play the game. However, you should be on your guard: if your console is banned due to piracy, you will no longer be able to play online, since you will not have access to Xbox live. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to roll back the Dashboard. All attempts to lower the Dashboard will not lead to the desired result, you just have to throw your console out of the window.
A system update will not affect the firmware in any way, but Microsoft occasionally updates the Dashboard in order to reduce consoles with LT. Thanks to the new update, the prefix is discovered on the Web and banned, after which the Xbox can no longer be saved from this sad fate. On this basis, the new version of Dashboard gives the owner unlimited opportunities to run popular games. Today, Microsoft is fighting against Freeboot on the Xbox 360, but this does not mean that you can’t install the freeboot. But be careful, first you need to find information about the new version of Dashboard. After installing only the released version, you can lose all the charms of exploiting Freeboot, because hackers are physically unable to make its new version.
Dashboard Installation Instructions
So, how to update the Xbox 360 dashboard? To install Dashboard, we need a flash drive of 200 MB or more. Download and unzip files from the archive to a USB flash drive. Transfer the $ SystemUpdate folder. Connect the USB stick to the Xbox. Then we accept the update and wait for the update to complete. If the console did not reboot, do it yourself. Done! You can enjoy the games further.
By updating the Dashboard, the user is provided with new services and an improved menu format. The update fixes bugs inherent in previous dashboards. It is impossible not to mention the content. After the update, you can find many new applications that will be useful to you.
From time to time, information appears on the Internet on how to update the dashboard, the community generously shares information and files, which will greatly facilitate the search for a beginner. If this update does not allow you to install the freibt, then you will not be able to flash your Xbox 360 for a while. In any case, do not despair if you cannot install the Freeboot firmware, over time you will again be able to enjoy life playing your favorite games.
How to find out Freeboot version
Learn Xbox 360 Firmware with Freeboot, you can be in the main menu of the Freestyle 3 shell, created specifically for modified consoles. To do this, you need:
- Press the center button on the controller (Gu> an inscription will be visible on the right, for example: "Panel: 2.0.16547.0" - this is the dashboard version. It is generally accepted that the version is only five digits, that is, in our case «16547». The remaining numbers can be ignored.
In a standard dashboard instead of pressing a button Guide can go to “System Settings”being in the main menu.
Updating the dashboard on the Xbox 360 with Freeboot is only necessary in case of urgent need. Now let's see why.
On the console without any firmware update will download automatically.
The latest version of the update on Xbox 360 without Freeboot can be downloaded on the official website of xbox.com.
With stitched consoles, things are different. Since frebut and firmware of the drive is actually hacking console, Microsoft is trying in every way to deal with such manifestations. For this reason, official updates on the Xbox 360 with a stitched drive not recommended. Updates on such consoles do not differ from those that are put on the official dashboard, but there is a possibility that the developers have built a new protection system into the update, and unlicensed copies stop running.
Inexperienced users can consult with specialists, clarify all the necessary data and receive feedback. You can also use their services, which will greatly facilitate the task and reduce the risk of failure to zero.
At first glance, it might seem that the update process is simple, but in case of improper installation, violation of the sequence of actions, or due to banal carelessness, it can happen irreparable consequences.
In our workshops produced Install Freeboot on Xbox 360 . You can safely trust the many years of experience of our experts. Call and sign up!
On consoles with Freeboot, in fact, a different operating system is installed. An attempt by the system to apply an official update may disable it. That is why when installing the modification access to Live is blocked and all updates are completely disabled.
To update the Xbox 360 with Freeboot, experts use a special program J runner, which collects a special image of the system, and then, using a special utility, download it to the system.
How is Freeboot updated
The update process consists of several stages:
- Read NAND dump,
- Getting a CPA key (processor key),
- Build the updated freibut with its subsequent download,
- Updating additional functions (setting avatars, Kinect, etc.)
As mentioned earlier, this process should be carried out in strict sequence and according to proven instructions.
Before starting the update, check the accuracy of the information provided in the source with instructions, read user comments and make sure that the method found will not harm the console or contact us.
Download from Xbox Live
The easiest and most reliable upgrade method for consoles without Freeboot. All you need to do is described on the official Xbox website.
First you need to press the Guide button on the controller, go to “Settings” -> “Network Settings”. Upon receipt of the request, select “Wired Network” or the name of the wireless network. Next, click “Test Connection to Xbox Live,” and when prompted to update the system, click “Yes.”
All that is needed - stable internet connection .
Installation from a flash drive
Microsoft's xbox.com has a special section with the latest update files. It can be download to computer and then install it on the console with a USB stick, however, for Freeboot you will need some software, illiterate handling of which can turn the console into a useless “box”.
What happens if you upgrade your Xbox 360
As mentioned earlier, the latest version of the Xbox 360 dashboard allows you to launch new games, and can also significantly expand the functionality of the console. It is noteworthy that most software will require paid Gold account activation on Xbox Live.
On consoles with Freeboot Gold-account will be useless, as access to Live disappears forever.
How to view the Xbox 360 dashboard version
Learn Xbox 360 Dashboard Version Without Freeboot very simple. You need to find information about the system, which are located here: “Settings” -> “System” -> “Console Settings”.
If Freeboot is installed , you need to go to “Settings” -> ”System Settings”. Next, you need to confirm the action in the dialog box, and then click on “Console Settings” and find “System Information” there.
In our workshops produced Xbox 360 firmware . You can safely trust the many years of experience of our experts. Call and sign up!
Dashboard Version - five digits . That is, if the user sees the inscription “Panel: 2.0.17489.0” , then he has the Xbox 360 dashboard installed 17489 . The remaining figures are not taken into account. Accordingly, you can search for all the necessary information using only them.
Install from a game disc
If you haven "t connected to Xbox Live in a while, your console software might need updating. If a game disc includes a newer version of the console software than you currently have, the game disc will prompt you to install the update when you start the game.
Note If you choose not to update your console software, you "ll receive a prompt to update the next time you start the game. Some Kinect games require a console software update to work properly.
Copy to a USB flash drive
If you can "t connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.
Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system. For information about how to format a USB flash drive, see the “Format a USB flash drive” section of Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360.
- Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the file. If you "re using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E: ). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E: Files).
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
- Restart the console.
- When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yes to update the new console software.
Frequently asked questions
I get an error code when I try to update my console. What does it mean?
If you see a specific error code or status code, use the search box on the Error & Status Code Search page to find information about how to solve the problem.
What does the update cost?
Nothing. It's free.
How can I tell if my console software is up to date?
Consoles connected to Xbox Live will have the latest console software. When you connect to Xbox Live, your console automatically prompts you to update your software if an update is available.
Do I have to install the update?
No. However, if you want to play or communicate on Xbox Live, you must have the latest console software. New games might also require the update before you can play them. Also, Kinect games might not play properly if your console software is not up to date.
Can I go back to the old software version if I change my mind?
No. An updated console will stay updated.
I can’t connect to Xbox Live. What should I do?
If you can’t connect to Xbox Live, try using the
This guide provides clear information on how to upgrade freeBoot to the latest version of the dashboard - 17526. The procedure for updating to newer versions is unlikely to differ.
Attention! Do it only on Windows 7 or XP!
Stage I. Reading a dump of the XBOX 360 NAND memory
Download and unzip the archive to the root of the hard drive. Run the program. In the window that appears, press Ctrl + E to change the language to English, necessary for more stable operation. After restarting AutoGG, press Ctrl + N to switch to Normal mode.
Drag and drop file flashdmp.bin from a USB flash drive into the AutoGG window, then enter the received CPU key.
After pressing Create, for some types of dumps of Corona motherboards, you may need a patch to which you must agree.
Upon successful completion of the assembly process, a message appears.
Then turn on the XBOX 360 in normal mode and insert the USB flash drive into the console. After that run Simple 360 NAND Flasher , and after it loads fully press A on the gamepad then Start to start recording to the internal NAND memory of the console. At the end of the recording, after five seconds, the console will reboot with the updated attribute.
Attention! If after updating freeBoot your games from disks stopped playing (Play DVD), then rebuild freeBoot with the checkbox Nofcrt in the Xebuild section.
Stage IV. Update avatars and Kinect
To update avatars and Kinect, you need to download the official update of the same version as freeBoot. Unzip it from the archive to a USB flash drive with the FAT32 file system and connect it to the console to apply the update. Before upgrading if it is running. If the update request is not issued, rename the $ systemupdate package to $$ ystemupdate.
In this article, we will look at ways to update XBOX and possible errors. There are four ways to update the XBOX 360, then we will consider them in more detail.
The first way is updating via XBOX LIVE
1. simplicity - just went to LIVE, the console suggested updating, you clicked "yes"
1. the update downloads over the network, so the update time depends on the speed of your Internet.
2. the console always installs the latest updates, but they are not always unlocked.
3. if you had the console flashed, then upon updating it will again become locked and you can only play licensed games.
The second way - update XBOX from the game disc
1. No need to wait for the update to download
2. You install exactly the update that this game requires
1. If you are updating from a pirated disk, then during the update you will get out an update error. This is due to the fact that during the upgrade the prefix reflash the drive. That is, the prefix puts a piece of firmware, comes to update the drive, updates it, making it impossible to read non-licensed disks and therefore cannot deliver the update. The solution to this problem is given at the end of the article.
2. Demanding for the quality of the disk coating - scratches and damage can lead to update errors.
The third way - update XBOX with USB Flash
1. Update is faster than from disk
2. You control what update you put
3. The risk of update errors is minimal
1. You must have a flash drive with the FAT 32 file system
2. You need to know what kind of update you need for games
We strongly recommend using the latter method.
Below are links to different versions of Dashboard:
Dashboard 13146 - already obsolete (14th wave)
Dashboard 13599 - the most relevant at the moment (14th wave)
Dashboard 13604 - transitional, does not carry practically any changes (14th wave)
Dashboard 14699 - Dashboard requiring Lt 3.0 drive firmware (15th wave)
Dashboard 14717 - transitional dashboard (15th wave)
Dashboard 14719 - (15 wave)
Dashboard 15574 - (15 wave)
Dashboard16197 - (17 wave)
Dashboard16202 - (18 wave)
Dashboard16203 - (18th wave) the last official dashboard to date
Dashboard16517 beta - Available only to users who subscribe to the Xbox 360 Beta Test
New in version 16517 beta
New XOSC Challenge Answers
Removed Windows Live Messenger (with chat features)
Purchases in only for local currency, not for Microsoft Points.
(Microsoft Points will be converted to real money.)
Attention! Update Highlights
* When updating the dashboard, rollback (return to the previous dashboard) is impossible!
* When upgrading from 8199 dashboards, the ability to install Freeboot is lost
* When updating the dashboard on consoles with a non-native drive, problems may arise
* When updating the dashboard to 12625, the games CoD: BO, CoD: MW2, Halo: Reach, AC: Brotherhood, NFS: HP, Fable 3 (with A.P. 2.5 sectors) go only under LT plus
* When updating the dashboard from 12xxx and below to 13146 and above, the firmware of the drive flies (only licensed disks will be launched)
* Dashboard update sequence 13599 -> 13604 -> 14699 -> 14719 -> 15574 -> 16197
* Only install dashboards of 14699 and higher when flashing the LT 1.9, LT 2.0 or LT 3.0 drive
* When updating a dashboard to 14xxx or higher (on consoles with a stitched drive LT 2.0 or LT 3.0 (possibly with LTU v1.2)) XGD3 games recorded at 97% will no longer go from the hard drive, they must be removed from the HDD and played from the drive, or overwrite the method with 100% and reinstall it on the HDD, when playing with the HDD, the disk in the drive will rotate for about 1-2 minutes, or use other methods (it does not work on all drives):
Method for launching games recorded on 97% of the hard disk using MP3
You need to install the necessary game on the hard drive, then drop only any mp3 song on the USB flash drive and turn on the song in the music player, then start the game, the error does not pop up and the game works, and the song can be paused. The point is to run games on LT 2.0 with daebin without flashing on LT 3.0, muses. The player helps to bypass the error at startup.
Method for launching games recorded on 97% of the hard disk using Audio CD
. you throw any game recorded at 97% with XGD3 protection to the boxing hard drive (the main thing is that the type of publication and translation is licensed), then you pull out the game disc and take the usual music CD (NOT mp3) and copy 1 track to the box, pull out the CD, start muses track from the music player and insert the disc with the game (for example, Gear of War 3) and start, the check will start but it will “stall”, and you will start the game, and as soon as the gameplay starts, you cut the Mouzon and voila! The disk no longer spins and only the hard drive quietly works! I have been using this method for a week now and everything is fine. And of course, the main rule - no cheap blanks like ARITA and the like! Record ONLY on Verbatim or TDK.
* A way was found to launch games with protection of AP2.5 and XGD3 format on LT 2.0 firmware, if you accidentally went into XBOX Live, updated the dashboard, or flashed on LT 3.0, but the games for LT 2.0 remained.
(We remind you that if you have LT 2.0 firmware currently updating the Dashboard above 2.0.13599.0, or any exit to xbox Live (even without an update), it entails the inability to launch games of the new XGD3 format 6 problem games with AP25 protection)
To run these games on firmware 2.0 or 3.0 (if the game is patched for firmware version 2.0)
Attention! Live must be disabled by pulling out the wire! And do not turn it on later! Do not forget, the drive must be flashed on firmware LT 2.0 or LT 3.0 (for games patched under LT 3.0 firmware everything goes without problems) (For Samsung 2.01 drive)
1. Download the corresponding Title Update for your game from the site http://www.xbuc.net
2. We connect to the computer a flash drive formatted on XBOX 360
3. Run the Horizon program
4. Go to the Tools tab - Device Explorer
5. In the right window, click Inject New File
6. Select the Title Update that you downloaded (It is important to distribute the archive with the update and select the file in the very end of the folder directory)
7. We are waiting for it to be copied.
8. Insert the USB flash drive into the console USB port
9. Copy the Title Update to the main storage device.
10. We start the game and play.
PS .: There are discs that wrote "Unsupported disc". The discs that write "Drive cannot be read" still do not go
* When updating the dashboard to 15572 and higher, the ability to install Glitch Hack is lost on Fat consoles (for now)
* When updating the dashboard to 15572 and above, Slim consoles have the option to install Glitch Hack
* When updating the dashboard to 16xxx and higher on LT 2.0 firmware, there may be problems with the firmware of the drive
* When flashing the LT 2.0 drive and below, you cannot go to Live! Только LT 3.0 или LTU 1.2! В противном случае ловите c Лайва dae.bin (перестанут запускаться игры формата XGD3 и 6 игр с защитой AP2.5) и несёте приставку в мастерскую для обновления прошивки
Устранение неполадок при обновлении :
- - Перезагрузите консоль
- - Попробуйте еще раз установить обновление
- - Убедитесь, что на диске достаточно места (мин. 256 Мб)
- - Скопируйте обновление на USB-устройство (при неудачном обновлении с компакт-диска или DVD) или запишите его на компакт-диск или DVD (при неудачном обновлении с USB-устройства)
- - Очистите системный кэш (при очистке кэша удаляются загруженные ранее обновления игр (после следующего подключения к Live они автоматически загрузятся))
- - Код ошибки после обновления программного обеспечения консоли
Обновить Dasboard Xbox 360 вы можете следующими способами:
- Обновить подключившись к Xbox Live (Не подходит для прошитых консолей, так как грозит баном)
- Обновить с игрового диска (Не подходит для дисков запущенных с помощью активационного диска, патченных под другую волну дисков и консолей с Non Stealth прошивками 1.6 NS и 1.61 NS)
- Обновить с помощью USB Флешки (Подходит для всех консолей)
- Записав обновление на DVD или CD (Подходит для всех консолей)
Я опишу обновление с помощью последних двух способов:
Обновление с помощью USB Флешки:
- Важно: Отформатируйте флешку в FAT32
- Подключите флешку к вашему компьютеру
- Скачайте на выбор тот дашбоард который вам нужен
- Сохраните в любом месте вашего компьютера
- Разархивируйте ваш файл «$SystemUpdate.zip»
- Скопируйте получившуюся папку $SystemUpdate на флешку
- Remove the USB flash drive from the computer and insert the front panel into the Xbox 360 USB port. Xbox should detect the inserted flash drive and update on it, prompting you to upgrade. If this does not happen, turn off and turn on the prefix and the update will start automatically
- Select "Yes, upgrade now." Wait for the update to finish