- How to cook an egg so that it is easy to clean
- How to color eggs with onion husks
- How to understand if the egg is ready
Each housewife was faced with the problem of cleaning a boiled egg, oddly enough sometimes they clean without problems, and from time to time you have to throw a good half of the egg with the shell.
If you bought an egg in a store and, having come home, cooked, and they do not clean well, this means that you purchased a fresh product, although this rarely happens. More often this problem arises if you bought an egg on the market from private traders or farmers, since in this case the product reaches the consumer much faster and keeps a fresh state.
An egg is divided into categories, from 0 to 7 days it is dietary, from 7 days to a month a canteen (which we usually get from store shelves).
If you need to cook an egg for a salad, then it is better to take a product older than 7 days, then there will be no problems with cleaning, but if there is only a fresh egg in the house, then there are at least two ways to make your task easier.
Pour water into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil, carefully using a spoon, dip the eggs in a container of boiling water and add a tablespoon of salt, after cooking, transfer to a ladle with cold water. You can change the water several times, after which you can safely clean, the shell will easily go away, and the result will please you.
This method requires great skills, but having mastered it, you will always use it. Put a container of water for boiling, then the eggs must be washed thoroughly, and then at the blunt end, make a careful puncture with a needle, an awl or the tip of a sharp knife so as not to break the protective film. After which it is immersed in boiling water, water through the hole falls between the shell and the film, which helps to get rid of the shell quickly and easily. Of course, as in the first case, after being ready, the egg must be cooled in cold water.
Using this or that method, it will not be difficult for you to clean an egg without problems and please yourself with a beautiful dish.
How to cook an egg so that it is easy to clean
Before cleaning a cooked product, you need to properly prepare it. Only then all the methods will start working correctly. So, to properly boil an egg you need:
- Buy a product of good quality. It does not matter what color the eggs are, the main thing is that they are fresh. And also you need to check the shell for integrity. And how to check if the eggs are spoiled? To do this, lower them into the water and see what happens. A product with a good shelf life will immediately sink to the bottom and will occupy a horizontal position. If with a darling, it will pop up with a blunt end up. If it keeps in the middle, then most likely the shelf life of such an egg is coming to an end. For the same purpose, you can shake the egg in your hand: fresh will not flounder, and vice versa.
- Properly preparing the egg before cooking is also important. To do this, first rinse the product under water. Allow to warm slightly at room temperature. When cooking, it is not advisable to put the product in cold water and wait for it to boil. It is better to wait for the appropriate water temperature and start cooking.
- It is important to observe the cooking time. Depending on what result you want, it will be different. So, if you need to boil a hard-boiled egg, it will take only 9 minutes. It will turn out completely hardened, but soft in texture. In order to get a slightly softened yolk, you need to boil an egg for 8 minutes. To achieve a completely liquid yolk, you need to withstand 6 minutes. 5 minutes. Enough for an egg in a pouch. To cook the product soft-boiled, you need to withstand only 3 minutes.
- Proper cooling. After the right time has passed, you need to remove the dishes where the eggs were cooked from the fire. Drain hot water and put them under a stream of cold water. Do not keep them there until completely cooled. A couple of minutes is enough.
Blow in the egg
This method is suitable for people with great lung power. To do this, you need to make holes from both ends of the egg. About the size of a coin. After that, you need to lean your mouth against one of the holes, pressing your lips tightly to the product. After which, you need to blow hard. If successful, the egg will simply fall out from the other end. And also this method will work if the egg was of good quality, fresh and without violating the integrity of the shell. And also you need to understand that the product is also important to properly weld.
This method will be ideal for several eggs. Thus, you can clean at least a dozen. To do this, you need a saucepan. You can take the one in which the product was cooked. Next, you need to drain the water. But not completely. It is advisable to leave a couple of cm of liquid. Then you need to take the dishes in your hands and shake. But you need to do this so that the eggs inside rotate in a circle. This needs to be done strongly.
The eggs crack on the walls. And the water will fall under the shell and then it will become easier to clean them.
Glass of water
To do this, you need a glass with thick walls. Not too big so that it could be covered tightly with the palm of your hand, but not too narrow so that the egg had enough space inside to disperse properly.
Put the egg in a suitable dish. Fill completely with water. Cover tightly with your palm. Start shaking. Strong. So that the product beat against the walls of the dishes. Thus, water penetrates under the cracked shell and helps to cleanse the egg completely.
To prevent liquid from spilling, it is best to do this over the sink.
To better clean the eggs in the water before cooking, put a teaspoon of baking soda. And also you need to keep in mind that water should cover the product at least 5 cm.
Soda increases the pH of chicken protein. Therefore, the film that is under the shell will not stick to the product, which means that the finished egg will be better cleaned.
Before punching to clean an egg in this way, you must first properly cook it. By all the rules. And also after that it needs to be well cooled. To do this, let it lie in cold water for several minutes.
After all the manipulation you need to lay the egg on the table. Put your palm on top. A little pressure. So roll it a bit on the surface. After that, the egg will crack and it will be easier to clean.
Shelf life of chicken eggs (according to GOST)
|Egg||Shelf life, days|
|In the fridge||Room temperature|
If you do not know the exact age of the egg, then you should pay attention to its weight and whether it pops up when lowered into water. Also stale eggs rotate around the axis when they are pushed.
The second, main, factor is the cooking process itself. In most cases, the difficult process of cleaning is associated with the wrong process of cooking the egg. There are five basic secrets on how to cook chicken eggs so that they clean well after cooking:
- Boil eggs, just taken out of their cold, is not worth it. If you want to cook an egg that would be easy to clean after cooking, then you need to warm it to room temperature.
- You can not lay in already boiling water. Correct: immerse in a container with cold (not ice) water and place on a stove. The liquid should be poured with a margin so that there are 2-3 cm above the top of the eggs.
- In a pot of boiling water you need to put table salt. The recommended amount is a teaspoon of salt.
- Strong drilling should not be allowed when boiling water. If the eggs began to collide with each other and beat against the wall of the pan, the fire should be reduced.
- After cooking, eggs should be transferred to dishes with cold water or under running water from a tap. Cooling takes 10-12 minutes.
The result of the above tips will be to obtain flawless eggs: oval, without breaks and “bitten” edges, with elastic protein and evenly boiled yolk. This product is easy to clean and is great for decorating salads and stuffing.
Egg Cooking Algorithm
In order for the product to be tasty, and cooking does not cause trouble, you need:
- Choose only good quality eggs. Before cooking, remove from the refrigerator for a while so that they warm slightly.
- Choose a suitable pan with a thick bottom and walls. Lay eggs firmly on the bottom so that they do not move freely around the dishes.
- Pour water from above so that it covers the product by about 5 cm.
- Add a tea boat to regular baking soda.
- Cook over medium heat after boiling as much as necessary, depending on the desired result.
- Remove the pan from the heat, drain the hot water and pour the eggs cold. As you heat, you can change. You can also put the pot under a stream of cold water. Drain the water.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes.
Unusual methods to facilitate the cleaning of boiled eggs: blowing and piercing
A difficult and unusual approach to the proper cooking of eggs is to pre-pierce the shells of raw eggs. This method requires experience, caution and accuracy. The puncture is carried out with a thin sharp object: a sewing needle, an awl, the tip of a knife. The puncture is carried out on the blunt side of the egg, the depth is 1 mm. To prevent leakage, it is important not to touch the film that protects the protein.
Positive results from a puncture of the shell are:
- Easy peeling after welding,
- Prevention of cracks during cooking,
- Prevent dents on the surface of the protein. As you can see in the figure, a more aesthetic option, with a puncture (left), while without punctures, the welded product has an irregular shape with a concave end.
Blowing out a boiled egg will reduce its cleaning time to a few seconds. The blowing algorithm is quite simple, but requires some accuracy:
- A chilled egg breaks at both ends
- 0.5-1 cm shells are removed from each side,
- The sharp side is brought to the mouth and the hole must be strongly blown.
The result is an egg slipping out of the shell, which, together with the film, will remain in the hands.
This method will not be effective for overcooked or already leaking eggs.
Why boiled eggs are poorly cleaned
Sometimes the hostess applies all the tips for the proper preparation of a chicken egg, but it does not work to quickly clear the shell after cooking. There may be several reasons:
- The egg was fresh. In this case, the difficulties in removing the shells are a good sign: the product is young. If home eggs were used, then their protein film is tightly attached to the shell and it is very difficult to separate it under any cooking conditions.
- The product was stored for a long time at low temperatures: in the freezer, refrigerator, etc. Exposure to negative temperatures leads to disruption of the protein denaturation process. It will be difficult to separate it from the shell.
- After cooking, the dish was not cooled enough. In this case, it is recommended to continue cooling with cold water.
Secret number 1: the age of the egg
There are several cooking methods. The main three are soft-boiled, “in a pouch” and hard-boiled. They differ from each other primarily in cooking time, and you should also pay attention to the freshness of the product.
Many housewives do not know how to cook fresh eggs so that they clean well. And it is really difficult. Because the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel. Experienced culinary experts advise when boiling hard-boiled (for salads or appetizers, for example), not to chase “youth”. In this case, it is better to choose eggs that are five or more days "old" (of course, within reasonable limits). Eggs in a pouch also do not have to be fresh. And only when cooking soft-boiled it is desirable to choose the most “young” product.
Determining the age of the egg is easy. It is the older, the easier. Therefore, it quickly emerges in water and spins for a long time around its axis on a horizontal surface with a jerk.
Secret number 2: puncture
This procedure requires some skill, but is guaranteed to protect the shell from cracks during cooking and provide easy cleaning. It is necessary with a needle, an awl or the tip of a sharp knife to make a puncture of one millimeter from the blunt side of the egg. It is very important that only the shell is punctured, and the film under it is unharmed. Otherwise, the egg will leak.
Secret number 3: salt
Almost everyone loves to salt boiled eggs. But after they get them out of the water and clean. But they don’t realize that salt is needed much earlier. Meanwhile, she is an important ally in the struggle for whole, neat, perfectly cleaned eggs.
Salted cooking water greatly simplifies the cleaning process. True, this only works in the case of eggs that are at least five days old. In addition, the salt tends to clog small cracks that sometimes occur on the shell, thus preventing leakage of protein. About how much it is needed, and what is the cooking algorithm - below.
Secret number 4: hard "mode"
Do not treat egg cooking as something very simple and arbitrary. Like, they still won’t come out of the water, so why bother? A lot depends on the temperature of the water and its quantity, the eggs themselves, on the power of the fire and the cooking time. For example, eggs that have been boiled for about an hour are strictly forbidden to eat - this seriously threatens health. Undercooked are not suitable for salad, and a temperature imbalance can nullify all initiatives, damaging the shell ahead of time.
So it is recommended that you follow the algorithm of actions clearly and adopt tips on how to boil eggs so that they are well cleaned, not cracked, and tasty and healthy.
The action plan is as follows:
- Choosing eggs that are suitable for freshness, you need to get them out of the refrigerator and wait until they warm to room temperature. It is undesirable to cook cold.
- Eggs are laid in a small pot or ladle - tightly to each other so that they are not worn back and forth during cooking. This is necessary so that they do not crack from impacts.
- Next, pour half a tablespoon of ordinary table salt into the pan.
- The next step is water. It should be cold, but not icy. And in such quantity to cover two centimeter eggs.
- The fire is first made large, and after boiling is reduced to medium. Soft-boiled eggs are boiled for 3-4 minutes, "in a pouch" - 4-9 minutes, and hard-boiled - 9-15 minutes.
- Ready take out with a spoon and quickly immerse in cold water. As it warms up, you need to change it several times. Or you can cool the eggs under a tap.
- After five minutes of cooling, the cleaning process can begin.
Now you know how to boil eggs so that they clean well. Not so difficult if you follow the above sequence of actions. These simple tips will come in handy for any housewife. We wish you to please yourself and loved ones with delicious dishes and egg salads.